camamel

Who is the most experience skydiver?

I would say that when you get another 26,000 jumps under your belt
you can compare Dons achievement to putt putt golf if you
still feel like it.

And I would say, when you get 36 more years and 11,967 more jumps under YOUR belt...Lekstrom10k might listen to your opinion.;):D:D:D

Since 37,000 jumps doesn't impress him, it wont matter how many jumps I accumulate.

Regardless, I didn't presume to judge him. He did presume to judge Don.

Totally different.

Sure ya did...and though it IS different, not TOTALLY.

I think when ya break 10,000 yer ALL pretty much in the same league....HARD FUCKING CORE! ;)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

>Not to take away anything from the tunnel rats, but they aren't
>possibly thinking tunnel time = freefall time!!??

It is literally freefall time. Doesn't count for USPA, but definitely counts towards whether someone has experience in freefall - and I could see someone claiming it _should_ count. In addition, you can easily skew actual freefall time +/- 25% in either direction by changing assumed fallrate or making assumptions about openings. Hence total jumps might be the more unambiguous number.

Is standing in the wind the same as flying in it? If you are going to count tunnel time you should subtract all time standing on the screen or in the door.

Is standing in the wind the same as flying in it? If you are going to count tunnel time you should subtract all time standing on the screen or in the door.

Better yet...how about those ski jumper doods?! :)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Sure ya did...and though it IS different, not TOTALLY.

I merely pointed out that it might not be appropriate for him to belittle Dons accomplishments by comparing them to putt putt golf.

I suppose it might be fair to say that I judged his comments and found them to be unworthy of one so experienced.

Did I attempt to minimize his skydiving accomplishments or act as if I was in a position to judge them?

Absolutely not.
__

My mighty steed

Yeah, The same pissing contest can be fought among pilots.
Flying hours vs. Take offs and landings.
imho, I lean towards the amount of successful repetitions.

I want to go on the record that Bill and Don should be looking over their shoulder ! Cause I'm gunning for them. Hehe. Only 10 years of 10 jumps/day to go.

The real question is:
How many cases of beer have they had to buy for their actions? Who holds that dubious award?

Bill

> Can pilots build up their hours in a flight simulator?

Yes.

>Freefall time is only one dimension of skydiving "experience."

Agreed! Skydiving can encompass a lot of disciplines/definitions, including demos with no freefall times, high altitude jumps with lots of freefall time, wingsuits and tandems with no "true" freefall time etc.