Wharewaka

How do Mr Bill?

I've got five Mr Bill jumps....all as Sluggo. My choice was always for a large main canopy for Sluggo, low exit speed and a jump pilot deployed pilot chute. Worked every time.
But, I've also seen it go badly when not properly planned.

"Now I've settled down,
in a quiet little town,
and forgot about everything"

The Search Posts function is your friend. B|

Totally off topic, but I just noticed your avatar (and your sig line). You da man!

I actually saw LZ in concert in 1977. 14 years old, my pre-second concert. Man, what a show! Achilles Last Stand was unreal.

Ok, back on topic ... what JSBird said, but I'd suggest someone other than the pilot do the PC toss. Someone you trust.

Edited to add: God, this is horrible! It's coming up on 30 years since I saw that show. Ughh. Oh, well that's over, now for a bit of fun.

With my one (failed) attempt as Mr. Bill, ive learned a couple of things. 1. dont use a sabre1 for sluggos canopy. 2. Wrap your legs around the waist of the other person as tight as you can, its way easier than trying to take too much force with your arms. 3. Dont ease up on your grip until ALL the cells are inflated. I watched the canopy snivel, the center inflate, and then WACK!

I've got two from either side, all from 182s. We set it up on the step, with somebody holding Sluggo's PC IAD style.

We just grabbed hold as well as we could on lift webs (obviously with great care to not grab handles or knock out Sluggo's pin) and rolled off, with Mr. Bill facing the pilot and Sluggo facing the wingtip.

Did it 3 times with Mantas and 1 with a sabre 135. The Mantas are definitely the way to go if you've got a choice of the two ;)

I got nuthin

I've never had a sucessful one. I always get flung away from the guy opening the parachute.

So my trial and error advice is: don't be a weak girl and try to do it on your boyfriend's crossfire 109 out of a caravan after a flip.:$

"Life is a temporary victory over the causes which induce death." - Sylvester Graham

I've done several Mr. Bill dives, playing both roles. The bigger the canopy the better as they tend to open a bit slower. Packing to open slower is good too. If you're really interested in a successful dive, then perhaps you can get your paws on a nice big student canopy for Sluggo...
Randomly f'n thingies up since before I was born...

I liked being the guest more. On past jumps, I've actually climbed up and stood on the shoulders (my feet actually stepping on the insides of the risers and not on the actual shoulders...) of Sluggo, much like a CRW plane. When it was time to go, I just handed my pilot chute to Sluggo and asked him to 'hold this a sec...". Fun times, although the story should probably be told in the 'Stupid things I have done" thread. :S

All this being said, even though I've done more than a few back in my day, I don't think I would do another (unless of course I attended an appropriate safety briefing before hand :) ). There is much that can go wrong, and I've seen my fair share of it; unintentional cutaways, reserve dumps (2-outs, although it wasn't referred to as such at the time), busted nose, hand injuries, muscle pulls in arms, etc...

Whatever you decide, be safe and have fun. :)

Randomly f'n thingies up since before I was born...

All this being said, even though I've done more than a few back in my day, I don't think I would do another (unless of course I attended an appropriate safety briefing before hand :) ). There is much that can go wrong, and I've seen my fair share of it; unintentional cutaways, reserve dumps (2-outs, although it wasn't referred to as such at the time), busted nose, hand injuries, muscle pulls in arms, etc...

Worth repeating...

Worth repeating...

???
No pain, no gain.
I've seen the Mr Bill landed video. :S I would no go so far, ever.

I've just changed my mind. I was told as a student that 2 person can land under one canopy safely. Mr Bill landed is the example.