Quake120

Stupidity

My friend, we are all Darwin Awards waiting to happen.

This is definitely the quote of the day:D
“Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and their hopes and dreams. If I didn’t drink this beer, th

Find a new sig line??? :P

If you can tell me what my sig line is from I will consider it. If not then you don't understand its context B|
“Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and their hopes and dreams. If I didn’t drink this beer, th

>I guess they would have deserved an extra special Darwin . . .

Eh, to a whuffo, anyone who willingly jumps out of an airplane is suicidal as it is. To a BASE jumper, most skydivers are a bunch of conservative pussies. It's all in your perspective!

>I think they would have deserved a Darwin Award had they been killed.

My friend, we are all Darwin Awards waiting to happen.

I just spit out my drink!! Can I put that in my sig line? LOL :ph34r::D
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

ahhhh, to be young again. The low freefly video reminds me of the good old days when I would walk out to the landing area and tell people they were grounded. Not enough of that happens these days.

Grounded?
What the hell is that?

Grounded in the 21st century goes more like:
You got 90 jumps?
Sure, go jump that Stiletto and camera set up, pull low while you are at it and amaze us with a gnarly swoop over the pond!

If you can tell me what my sig line is from I will consider it. If not then you don't understand its context B|

Unless someone said it earlier, it's a famous line from "Ski Patrol" back in the late 80's/early 90's. The character was Suicide, and I can't remember who played him.

eh no it's not... lest I be mistaken the stunt junkies stunt was through a straight hanger in deland (i forget who did it but I think i saw luigi in the show). This jump was made years before stunt junkies ever existed.

P.S. Tim's one of the nicest and creative guys you'll ever meet.
-Patrick

Tim's stunt was not for Stunt Junkies, it was for the WFFC video. All the people you see running up to him there are part of the video crew including a few DZ.commers.

The Stunt Junkies was in Titusville not Deland. And it was far from the first time this was done. Rook did it in the early 2000's at SDC, I'm pretty sure Rickster did it yars before that. Hanger swoops have been around for a little while but they are not done that often for obvious reasons.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

>I guess they would have deserved an extra special Darwin . . .

Eh, to a whuffo, anyone who willingly jumps out of an airplane is suicidal as it is. To a BASE jumper, most skydivers are a bunch of conservative pussies. It's all in your perspective!

That's why the last thing we need on here is whuffos (I'm sure the OP's 1 jump was a tandem) making comments about people's skydiving and stupidity. People who can't - or won't - do something really don't have any room to comment on the skill and preparation needed for something like that hangar swoop. Sure, it didn't work out and the guy creamed in. But having the skill and guts to try it deserves major respect (in my opinion).

The dude who exits low and opens low - OK, he's just a dumb fuck.:S

Kevin

Unless someone said it earlier, it's a famous line from "Ski Patrol" back in the late 80's/early 90's. The character was Suicide, and I can't remember who played him.

Yep........rocket skisB|

So is there video of someone pulling this off? I think Ive seen video of people swooping in to the hanger but not in and back out again

That's why the last thing we need on here is whuffos (I'm sure the OP's 1 jump was a tandem)

Only having one tandem makes me a "whuffo" now? How many jumps do I have to have to lose this "whuffo" status? I think if you jump once and retain an interest in the sport (which I have, I just haven't gotten to my second tandem/AFF yet), that should be enough.

Sorry buddy, but with that number of jumps, you don't know what you don't know. So it's not to say that you're not welcome to continue and ask question/discuss, its just that you may be less of a reliable source of skydiving information/opinion than a D license holder with 1000s of jumps.

Don't let that be a blow to your ego, that's just how it is right now. As you jump more, you'll know more (I would hope), and you'll get into the culture more.

Now starting out with insulting the more daring of the skydiving crowd may not have gotten you off on the right foot, but hey, that's the way you chose to enter this forum, so deal with the response that you get.
Why don't you just play 'chicken' on the railroad tracks? It would be a cheaper way to toy with death, I'm sure.

CWR #2 - "You SAID collision!"