Armour666

Skydiving Movies your recomended picks ? (non hollywood)

I've seen titles for a bunch of different Movies what are your top 3-5 choices ? I've got $100-150 to spend of a few good flicks.

Ps. screw you if you eaven thinking of mentioning Drop Zone ot the likes of. :P

Edited to add ie. Joe Jennings - good stuff . Norman Kents - Willing To Fly"
SO this one time at band camp.....

"Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most."

Whatever you buy, consider checking out www.skydivingmovies.com and try to buy them through the ads there...proceeds keep that website rolling.

That site has a ton of great free videos that people have made. Small_Balls_Tracking is one of my favorite BASE videos with some great music and editing. And if you find you get your fix from there...there will be a link to donate to the site.

And no...I have no affiliation with the site...just a fan.

As someone else has already mentioned, check out www.skydivingmovies.com first for all the free stuff. After that well there is a bunch of good videos you can order from the various gear manufactures. What's your fancy? Freeflying, RW, swooping and/or BASE jumping? What sort of videos do you want?

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

I've watched many clips from there and yes I've seen the links but I'm looking for opinions of which are worth spending $$$$$ on.

as for types a bit of everything if I had to put in order of prefrence 1. RW 2. Swoop 3 Freefly 4. Base
SO this one time at band camp.....

"Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most."

Sorry I stayed far far away from my 'puter last night.

"Crosswinds" and "Good Stuff" are good videos.

"Airspeed" is probably the best RW video.

I've always liked "Fly Boyz Party Mix" and "Chronicles III" for their freeflying and Jimmy Halliday's "Standard Issue" and "Radix" also have some great freeflying and BASE footage.

I'm partial to "Gravity Pilots" (since I make a brief cameo appearance in it) when it comes to swooping, but there are other swooping videos out there like any one of the Ranch Pond Swoop national videos as well as the PST 2003 video + The PD Factory guys came out with their own stuff. Oh and if you're okay with downloading there's the "Freestyle Posse" video with the best freestyle swoops of 2006 and it can be found at www.canopypiloting.com

When it comes to BASE videos, there is no shortage of good ones out there. Both "Continuum" videos are good as well as "1st Base" (they came out with a sequel which I've yet to see). Super Terminal has some bad ass footage and "Beyond Extreme" is a good one highlighting one of the best BASE aerialist (Dwayne Weston) who's ever lived ... and died.

Finally, from an educational point of view, you can't ignore "Breakaway".

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

as for types a bit of everything if I had to put in order of prefrence 1. RW 2. Swoop 3 Freefly 4. Base

We do skydiving movie nights from time to time at my place, so I've been lucky enough to leech off the skydiving pals' collections & see some really good stuff.

My top dvd's:

- Crosswind. Some of the best cinematography of any skydiving movie I've seen. Put together really really well. Has a little bit of everything.

- Soul Flyers. Just for sheer WTF? value, this one ranks right up there. Again, a bit of everything. Some really cool visuals. And of course the great/famous wingsuit swoop.

- Good Stuff. Like everyone says, it's awesome. (& inexpensive!)

I'd also echo the recs for Chronicle 3 (freeflying), Airspeed (great doc, also sheds some light onto the competition scene if you don't know much about it), and Parabatix (canopy flight, swooping).

I actually find the PD Factory Team DVD more visually-stimulating and fun to watch than Parabatix, but problem is, it's too darn short!!!!! (Are you LISTENING, PD?) I also think the FlyBoyz Party Mix goes better if you've had some sort of, how shall we say, "external sensory stimulation" before viewing...otherwise, I find myself yawning. For freeflying, a number of my friends say the new DVD 'The Remedy' is pretty rad, too.

For RW, there's also a video floating around somewhere of the Golden Knights demonstrating all the standard RW blocks and transitions that's pretty informative.
Signatures are the new black.

I have a few skydiving/base jumping movies

Evolution is one of my favorites, don't know if it's on dvd, I only have it on video

Adrenaline Rush is pretty good, it's an IMAX movie that has some skydiving and basejumping along with a little history lesson about Da Vinchi

Parabatix is good

The Ground is The Limit is good (base jumping)

Around the World is good (base jumping)
We die only once, but for such a very long time.

I'll believe in ghosts when I catch one in my teeth.