SeanSolo

List of Ideas for Freefall

can someone point me in the right direction for a list of ideas to do during freefall? i have been searching DZ.com all day and have yet to find anything... :(

i'm compiling a sort of "to do" type list.

so far:

rodeo
horny gorilla
naked

*preferrably, some type of discription to boot
Cookie Firecrotch
"Don't you know who I am!? I'm the Juggernaut Bitch!"

There's this really cool "retro" thing to do in freefall that's becoming all the rage. One falls belly to earth with one other or many other individuals with them and sequencially building one or many different "formations". Each formation is made up of each person having a specific place and grip in the formation; its being refered to as "Relative Work" or RW, for short. If more then one formaiton is attempted on a given skydive, the each formation is called a "point".

Like labrys said, the goal of each skydiver is to develope their skill so they can; a) dock smoothly, b) enter a formation gently and c) fly in proximity before picking up grips. As all involved further refine their skills; a) more complex formations can be attempted, b) formations with more people can be attempted and c) more points (more formations per jump)... and combinations there of... can be attempted.

:D

At your stage:

Controller center-point turns
Side slides
controlled back and front loops (within 20 degrees on-heading)
controlled left and right barrel rolls (on-heading)
Beginning 4way (scrambles, camps)
Tracking jumps
More tracking jumps
Still more tracking jumps.

this is exactly what i was looking for. not all the obvious things you can do; though, very very much appreciated for you guy's input.

THE LIST:

rodeo
horny gorilla
naked jump
tube jump
paper, rock, scissors jump
wagon wheels
mr. potato head jump
hulla-hoop jump
water-raft jump

Skills to Practice:

docking smoothly
entering a formation gently
flying in proximity without grips
diving out after someone
360s
tracking jump
fly arounds
controller center-point turns
side slides
controlled back and front loops (within 20 degrees on-heading)
controlled left and right barrel rolls (on-heading)
Cookie Firecrotch

There's this really cool "retro" thing to do in freefall that's becoming all the rage... its being refered to as "Relative Work" or RW, for short.

is that the new thing they are calling sarcasm? or is that a "retro" thing... i cant remember. :D

thanks for the input.
Cookie Firecrotch

Flipping the cat!

Edited to add: Either the actual dive or you could techically bring a cat with you and flip it in freefall. You could contact the local humane society the day before "kill day" and probably get a good price on one;).

Are you using cats as space balls again? :)
"That looks dangerous." Leopold Stotch

There's this really cool "retro" thing to do in freefall that's becoming all the rage... its being refered to as "Relative Work" or RW, for short.

is that the new thing they are calling sarcasm? or is that a "retro" thing... i cant remember. :D

thanks for the input.

Yeah, sarcasm is pretty much a retro thing... or a given thing, when it comes to skydivers... depending on how you look at it. ;)

How about fun exits like tubes and leg locks?

legs locks... hmmm... elaborate por favor.

or examples/descriptions of ones you've did.;)

I think LegLocks = HornyGorillas....no?

Um, no.

Lets go back!

Back into time!

When dinosaurs ruled the earth...

... and skydivers made their own parachutes from the skin from Terradactal wings and sinew from Velociraptors... :P

There used to be "points" in the dive pools, the 4-Way dive pool comes to mind, where two folks in the formation would "lock legs"... imagine two folks in a snow-flake or a 2-way where one has wrist grips on the other's.... now 180 both and now imagine they have their legs locked. The only video I can think of showing a point with leg locks that comes to mind is the old Perris team, Air Moves (I think that was the name of their team)... circa late 80s / 1990, or there abouts?

Maybe someone has a picture or can do a vid-cap from an old video to show folks here what a leg-lock in RW is (was). Leg locks left the dive pool years and years ago, is what I understand.

It might be interesting to bring back leg-locks and see what that does to the Open division at the Nationals and World Meet and such. I mean, now with 4-way teams doing, like what, 40+ points in time!!

can someone point me in the right direction for a list of ideas to do during freefall? i have been searching DZ.com all day and have yet to find anything... :(

i'm compiling a sort of "to do" type list.

so far:

rodeo
horny gorilla
naked

*preferrably, some type of discription to boot

By the end of the year, I hope to be the first person (that I know of) to solve a rubix cube in freefall three jumps in a row. I challenge you to beat me to it :)
Matt Christenson

[email protected]
http://www.RealDropzone.com - A new breed of dropzone manifest software.