Mike111

BPA op manual qustion

It says the minimum opening height for A licence jumpers and above is 2000ft.

does that mean you have to open and be under canopy by then or is that the lowest you can pull ur PC?

Thanks!!!

edit - not that i plan on opening that low, just curious as to the meaning o the wording. (normal pull alti is 3-3.5k)

Always used to refer to "pack opening height", but not sure if that has been clarified over the years (sounds like not).
"If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation."
David Brent

You need to have a flying canopy above your head by 2,000 ft in accordance with BPA rules. For most people, that means pulling by 2,700 - 3,000ft at the latest, depending on canopy.

USPA defines it differently, and gives pull altitudes. I recall this is 2,000 ft for D licence holders! :o

--
BASE #1182
Muff #3573
PFI #52; UK WSI #13

I thought it meant you have to have an open canopy above your head by 2000ft. If the CCI thinks you've pulled low, and asks to see your protrack if you have one, I always thought if it was under 2k you were in trouble... and I thought protracks register deployment altitude when you have a pretty much inflated canopy above your head...

USPA defines it differently, and gives pull altitudes. I recall this is 2,000 ft for D licence holders! [Shocked]

Which squares pretty well with the BPA minimum opening height for demo jumps - 1500ft (and you can do that with a C-licence):P
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

USPA defines it differently, and gives pull altitudes. I recall this is 2,000 ft for D licence holders! [Shocked]

Which squares pretty well with the BPA minimum opening height for demo jumps - 1500ft (and you can do that with a C-licence):P

BPA C license = 500 jumps USPA D = 500 jumps (and a bunch of other things that BPA doesn't require)

2. FAI (BRITISH STANDARD) CERTIFICATE (RED)

2.1. FAI ‘A’ CERTIFICATE: Category 8 and at least ‘CH-Grade 1’.

2.2. FAI ‘B’ CERTIFICATE: FAI ‘A’ Certificate, 50 descents and at least ‘CH-
Grade 2 and JM-Grade 1’.

2.3. FAI ‘C’ CERTIFICATE: FAI ‘B’ Certificate, 200 descents and at least one further ‘Grade 1’.

2.4. FAI ‘D’ CERTIFICATE: FAI ‘C’ Certificate, and 1000 descents

From BPA ops manual Section 2 Paragraph 2 C licence inly 200 jumps!

snap.... same way as I did? Blue is the proper colour for a license:)

Hell no, I'm a youngun! I got mine last week:D

I was just pointing out to Dazzle that C-licence is 200 jumps, not 500.:P
Do you want to have an ideagasm?