packing_jarrett

Got to jumps with pops

Nice!...

After all my skydives I got to jump with my dad at last.

Are you also saying he had to wait until you were ready to fly with a tandem because he wouldn't jump with you without a drogue to keep him stable? ;)

Kidding Jarret. What a treat to jump with your own Pop.
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

Dude, the tandem is in your burble. You aren't freeflying with your buddies, you should never get directly above or directly underneath a tandem.

If you have a sudden change in fall rate you are going to slam into the tandem. You should always expect the drouge to release at any time. You don't even want to think what will happen if you have an unplanned deployment in that position.

Just because I can kick your ass in a "fly directly underneath a tandem" contest gives you no right to be jealous.

You would win that one for sure junior because you would never get me to back fly underneath a tandem. I am not jealous just a little older and wiser.

I think you need to go jump your canopy with the slider collapsed again

I think you have me confused with someone else you packed for.

Fly safe young man and maybe you will still be jumping when you are as old as me and your dad.

But what do I know, I am only 44

Take Peckerheads tip ;)

He is just looking out for you and explained it better than I have ever heard...

Don't fly beneath tandems...
-

Mykel AFF-I10
Skydiving Priorities: 1) Open Canopy. 2) Land Safely. 3) Don’t hurt anyone. 4) Repeat…

I thought you told me a story a few years ago at madras that you forgot to un-collapse the slider and it hammered you.

Ok, now I remember. Well, you got part of it right. That was on a borrowed rig that someone else packed. Not my canopy, not my pack job. That boogie in Madras was the one and only time I have ever used a packer and I think you were only twelve at the time. (geez, what was I thinking?) I probably told you about that because I wanted to make sure you wouldn't forget to check it.

Anyway, it's cool you are jumping with your dad. The first time we jumped together you weren't even born yet.

I am in a way envious, wish I could jump with my dad, he was jumping back in he 50's and 60's - enjoy...

Congrats...
-
Mykel AFF-I10
Skydiving Priorities: 1) Open Canopy. 2) Land Safely. 3) Don’t hurt anyone. 4) Repeat…

Hi jarrett,

Also, I don't think anyone posting here will know that your grandfather, Mike Martin, was a skydiver also. That makes you a 3rd generation jumper and there's not many of those around.

I remember when your grandfather and another guy came down to Vancouver from Longview to jump Jens Jorgensen's V-77 Gull Wing. Your grandfather went up to 12.5K with a smoke grenade and tracked across the sky. It was the summer of '64 and I had about 15 jumps at the time; I can still picture it in my mind. It was phenominal to watch; however, nothing when compared to the wingsuiters of today.

Stay safe,

Jerry