stitch

Does your DZ have a prejudice towards low-passes (2500-5000) ??

SDH in Waller, TX. isn't prejudice. :)
In addition to other low passes, 1 get-what-ya-can-get and 2 dedicated low passes on Sunday.

It was like a continous orgasm. B|

"No cookies for you"- GFD
"I don't think I like the sound of that" ~ MB65
Don't be a "Racer Hater"

Low passes Are $12 at KSUPC, and I do them occasionally because sometimes all I want is a Hop & Pop. We do a LOT of SL students, so 3,500 is almost the norm. :P
I avoid doing a Low pass on a tandem load - too much of a pain in the butt for the TM to hook their students up at 3,500 so I can open the door....

=========Shaun ==========

H&Ps are no problem at The Farm. Grand Caravan. $13.

There's usually at least one H&P on every load - we have some really good swoopers and we throw their asses out low so they'll be gone by the time we cool-kids RW folks get to altitude.
:D:D:D

My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Was there for about a week last month and asked Bill every day for a low pass on the KA and every day he said no:(

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

That is because it is dangerous to exit a King Air while it is still climbing.
When a King Air is climbs, the horizontal stabilizer is low - relative to the door - and you risk denting it.

When skydiving from airplanes with low tails (King Air, DC-3, etc.) you should wait until the pilot levels off, reduces power and lowers the flaps before exiting.

Was there for about a week last month and asked Bill every day for a low pass on the KA and every day he said no:(

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

That is because it is dangerous to exit a King Air while it is still climbing.
When a King Air is climbs, the horizontal stabilizer is low - relative to the door - and you risk denting it.

When skydiving from airplanes with low tails (King Air, DC-3, etc.) you should wait until the pilot levels off, reduces power and lowers the flaps before exiting.

Then why didn't he have a problem with us doing hop and pops out the KA in January, four of us all weekend? As long as the jumpers understand the low tail situation...

We have a prejudice....nothing higher than 3300. FJC altitude

Then our DZO would be happy. We can get 9500 ($29cdn)without too much whinning from him. U206B. no door where the cargo door is supposed to be. Air Canada laughs at us in the winter. very nice in august though.

2500 is 16 bucks? 17 maybe? hopnpopers are beloved by the DZO. get out early so the plane climbs better. typical cessna dz.

tandems arent the greatest...but the door is nice.

is RW from 4500 wrong? lol.

Bill

dz's that charge full price for hop and pops. That is total bs.

If you owned a turbine aircraft you might feel different.

seems like the smaller DZ's even WITH turbines mange it pretty well... its the larger ones with multiple planes rotating that have issues...[:/]

Both Perris and Otay will do low passes, although sometimes they have to move you around on loads so you won't be in the air as the next load comes through your airspace.

I can't comment on Otay, however, at Perris you rarely get moved around as Dan does an amazing job at coordinating all parties involved. I have been able to back up the same aircraft for 8 consecutive jumps, with no gripping. oh jumps are $15 to 4-4.5K, with an occasional 3.5K (once every 40-50 jumps) and the occasional 7-8K (about the same frequency).

at Perris you rarely get moved around as Dan does an amazing job at coordinating all parties involved.

I can second this, when I'm pushing it at Perris, I regularly get 15+ hop'n'pops into mostly clear sky a day...there are the odd occasion when we have to run in after the jet and I find myself above 50 canopies, but hey, that's life at the (second best) DZ in the world...;) (And it makes for cool visuals!)
---
Swoopert, CS-Aiiiiiii!
Piccies

>however, at Perris you rarely get moved around as Dan does an amazing
>job at coordinating all parties involved.

I agree! Unfortunately, Dan doesn't work every day. Even then, they do a pretty good job of handling various passes. On one load I recall we had a 5K pass for hop and pops, a 10.5K pass for a 4-way team, a CRW pass for some CRW people, and a regular 12.5K pass - and that one had to go around.

On the minus side, that leads to more expensive jump prices as the aircraft takes longer to cycle a load.

Chicagoland Skydiving Center regularly gives low passes, even on their busiest days.

To me, good customer service is priceless.

_Am

That's called a Tombstone pass at Hinckley. :P
"No cookies for you"- GFD
"I don't think I like the sound of that" ~ MB65
Don't be a "Racer Hater"