ChrisL

New Jersey POPS record

We put together a 21 way formation yesterday
at Cross Keys.

Pictures?

I'm waiting for someone to send some to me.
As soon as I get some I'll post them :)
I was probably the least experienced jumper there so
it was a great learning experience for me.
Completely at the other end of the experience spectrum,
I was honored to be on the jump with Tom Morrison.

Tom jumped into Normandy on D-Day when he was 18 years old
63 years ago.
__

My mighty steed

at Cross Keys.

Pictures?

I'm waiting for someone to send some to me.
As soon as I get some I'll post them :)
I was probably the least experienced jumper there so
it was a great learning experience for me.
Completely at the other end of the experience spectrum,
I was honored to be on the jump with Tom Morrison.

Tom jumped into Normandy on D-Day when he was 18 years old
63 years ago.

I seem to recall him telling me that he arrived in Normandy in a glider, and then got on jump status so he would never have to go through that again.

I'll have to ask him.

Blue skies,

Winsor

at Cross Keys.

That's all??? I would think they could draw at least a 50 way easy with all the talent up in that area. Cross Keys has had several 100+ ways built successfully over the years. I was on two of them.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

at Cross Keys.

That's all??? I would think they could draw at least a 50 way easy with all the talent up in that area. Cross Keys has had several 100+ ways built successfully over the years. I was on two of them.

Well, never mind then. :|
__

My mighty steed

at Cross Keys.

BUT you also have to be 40 or over. Does anyone live that long in New Jersey?:S

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

at Cross Keys.

Well, never mind then. :|

Oh I didn't mean those 100 ways were all POPS jumpers. However, I saw enough older jumpers on those big ways back in the late 90's to build a 50 way with now.

Then again, that needs a top-notch organizer and advance planning, aircraft support, etc...

Have you checked Gemini's records thread in the General Skydiving forum for any POPS record from NJ?
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Oh I didn't mean those 100 ways were all POPS jumpers. However, I saw enough older jumpers on those big ways back in the late 90's to build a 50 way with now.

Then again, that needs a top-notch organizer and advance planning, aircraft support, etc...

Dude, stop raining on our parade.

Our measly 21 way might not be anything significant in the grand scheme of things, but its the biggest jump I've ever been on in my limited experience, it IS an official record for NJ, and I had a freakin great time.

I don't have to check any threads for POPS records.
The official POPS site lists all their records and prior to Saturday, the record for NJ stood at 18.

Now its 21.

Don't you have some goofy pictures to post instead of dissing our effort?
__

My mighty steed

Dude, stop raining on our parade.

Our measly 21 way might not be anything significant in the grand scheme of things, but its the biggest jump I've ever been on in my limited experience, it IS an official record for NJ, and I had a freakin great time.

I don't have to check any threads for POPS records.
The official POPS site lists all their records and prior to Saturday, the record for NJ stood at 18.

Now its 21.

Not meaning to rain on your parade. Congratulations to all who participated. I'll shut up now. :$

Congratulations Chris. Congratulations to Steve Love and the other jumpers as well.

Steve did an awesome job organizing the effort, in return we honored his request that we not hurt the bald guy :)
__

My mighty steed

Billy, I don't think that you were disrepecting anybody. Believe me, I was just as skeptical that the NJ record was a 17 way before last year. That was broken by an 18 way set last August. There were 9 people on the jump with under 1000 jumps, some as low as 250.
I think that everyone enjoyed themselves and more importantly, no one was hurt. Especially the Bald Guy!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, Shouting "...holy shit...what a ride!"