Kynan1

How do you get your ditter to not beep, after you're under canopy?

I have my ditter set to 4500, 2000, 1500. If I do a hard turn @2100, the ditter will go off. Is there a way to bypass hearing the ditter, after you're under canopy?

I know you can set all the beeps to one altitude, but then it's way too loud. Any ideas?

Its beeping since it sees you at a high speed at low altitude. Just what that third warning is for, to alert you of the upcoming hard surface of the ground. ;)

There is no way on the Pro-Dyter to get it to shut off under canopy if you are going to be increasing your speed again. An option might be to set the 2nd and third beeps to the same altitude if its that annoying.

Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

1. Set the volume to low.
2. Wear earplugs (I do and I hear the thing fine)
3. Set your second and third alarms a little higher, and closer together -- I usually have mine within 1000 feet. Sometimes I hear the third alarm during the snivel, then it's not an issue under canopy, though I don't descend fast enough under canopy to trick the thing anyway.
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

They've all had good resposnses but they forgot one option. you can take your helmet off beofre doing a hard turn.

Yea, just drop it and collect the peices later.:D

I set my alarms for 45, 35 and 25. to avoid the beeping. under canopy. also because 45 is normal break off
35, well its just a mid point and
25 tells me that by the time I hear it check my air sapce and pull I'm at my hard deck.

I usually get the 25 alram during snivel and am open at aroud 2000.
after that, its done.

cross country canopy jumps can get loud if youve got the room to spin down.

the next question you should be asking, I know youre not on a small canopy yet, is how do I NOT rick my cypres to fire?

My photos

My Videos

My Solo is set for 4500, 2000, 1500. I'm under canopy by 3,000 usually. Then of course, one front riser turn @2k and I hear a siren like the world is coming to an end..haha They should have it so you can have just one audible tone for whichever altitude you choose. Does the Solo have a volume control?

What is weird is I wear a Protrack and ProDyter on my helmet...both set to 5K (Break...or go vertical in my WingSuit) and 4K (wave off and pull) and 2K (hard deck). My Protrack almost never goes off under canopy, but the Dyter goes off almost all the time....I don't get it. I'm slowly going deaf in that ear though...according to the manuals, they both have the same settign...I don't get it. Maybe I'll start wearing ear plugs.
- - -
I am not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.

turn it around i did, to loud for me if the beepers right in my ear, but if it faces the other way a little quieter, mine never goes off under canopy even if i spiral through the last setting.
light travels faster than sound, that's why some people appear to be bright until you hear them speak

If I do a hard turn @2100, the ditter (sic) will go off.

Rather then considering it an annoyance, consider it a "warning" that you may not want to be flying your canopy that aggressively... i.e. if you're increasing your descent rate under canopy to a speed fast enough to trick your dytter into thinking you're back in freefall... imagine what it would feel like to hit the air - earth interface at that speed?
:|

Anyway... :P... I have the 1st warning on my Pro-Dytter set to 4500' and the 2nd & 3rd set to 2000'. I rarely hear the 2000' one... unless I pull low for safety. :D

Do you reckon audibles do actually damage your hearing at all?

Huh??

:D

Nothing comapred to sitting in a plane 5-6 times (2-3 hours) a day with no plugs in.:D

no, No, No... what do you do if you want to make your muscles stonger? You lift weights, right? Well, loud noises are like weights for your ears. Expose your ears to loud noises and they get stronger, right? As evident by pretty soon you don't need those ear plugs for your wimpy ears to tollerate those loud noises...

:P

:D

I think you might be right. I had a physical for work last year and my hearing ranked as extremely good. And that's after 4 years of working at the end of runway while F-15s took off in full afterburner.

The funniest thing about the whole thing is that my wife swears I'm deaf! ;)

- - -
I am not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.