airborne966

recurrency in Hawaii

So I just took about a 9 month break from jumping because of the army and various other situations that prevented me from getting in the air. I'm ready to start jumping again. Could someone let me know what the requirements for recurrency are going to be? Also, anybody that jumps here in Hawaii, I’m new to the island and am aspiring to be a free flyer and would like to find new people to jump with... hit me up -LukE

If you want to start FreeFlying and are based in Hawaii, I believe you might be in luck.

I spoke with Missy Nelson a couple of weeks ago here in Oz at Skysisters07, and from memory she said she is living in Hawaii. If you don't know who Missy Nelson is then check out Skydive Chicago's website... should have contact info from there.

Best of luck,
Corey.

Airborne - Welcome to the islands. You'll need some currency training (see link in Mod's reply). Also, if you haven't jumped in Hawaii before there are additional considerations i.e. winds, proximity to water, limited outs, etc.

Most up-jumpers jump at both companies at Dillingham and regardless of what the reviews say, both treat up-jumpers very well. Also, "Hump Day" summer sunset loads have started again at SDH. Always a good time.

Once you've knocked out your currency jumps/training, give me a shout (or PM), I'll be glad to jump with you.
Don't be sexist… Broads hate that.

Hi, I must be doing something wrong. I finished up my A license at Pacific. I have jumped there and at SDH. Getting recurrent one time for me was easy, and the other, well I called a few days in advance and said I would like to reserve some time with an instructor or coach to get back up to speed. They said, no problem, just come on in and well you get you squared away. I did just that, and I sat at the drop zone and waited and waited was told repeatedly, an instructor will go up with you on the next jump, finally the last call came for the for the last load of the day. I went up to manifest and asked, what do I need to do, pay for a freaken tandem to get the time with an instructor to get current again? After that, it was like the sky opened up, the instructor made sure I knew my stuff, we jumped, and bingo I was current again. I fell out of currency one time, I showed up, and it was almost too easy. So, in my opinon it is hit or miss with those dropzones. One day they are glad to see you, the next you some "thing." Anyways...just my .03 cents.