Kynan1

If you knew you were going to die from skydiving, would you continue to jump?

Uh, on a philosophical note, if you KNEW you were going to die skydiving, would it be possible to change the time-line of history so that you didn't?

I don't think so.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

If I knew I was going to die skydiving I'd start B.A.S.E jumping like a wild woman.

And all kinds of other fun, dangerous stuff.

Until you're 963 years old, get sick of it all, and decide to, "buy your last lift ticket." ;)

Until you're 963 years old, get sick of it all, and decide to, "buy your last lift ticket."

Not exactly. I think it would be more fun and less hassle to others to fly myself out to sea until the plane runs out of gas, then bail out. B|
Owned by Remi #?

If you knew you'd someday die from skydiving, would you continue to jump?

Hang on, that is a trick question. If I KNEW I WAS going to die from skydiving, it means even if I stop skydiving I am still going to die from skydiving. Why? Because I already know I will die from skydiving. Somehow in someway I would end up dying skydiving, thus stopping skydiving would not protect me, thus I would continue to skydive.

Stay Healthy,
~ Allen

What if your grandfather was a skydiver...

... and you're a packer...

... and you went back in time...

... and packed him a mal and he bounced...

:P

... would you still owe beer?

:D

At today's interest rates, you'd better be bringing a fleet of beer trucks.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

When I was younger we had these things called "records". They were vinal discs, with grooves in them. If you had an imperfect recording on one, you would be able to hear the grooves to either side of the one you were currently listenting to. In one way, you were "listening" to both the past, present and future all at the same time.

An hourglass, by contrast, has many particles of sand all traveling through a narrow passage. It's practically impossible to know for certain when one of the particles not yet at the passage will eventually pass though, but you can be fairly certain that eventually it will. Likewise, once it has passed through, it gets burried by the other particles which shift their place in the "history" of the pile.

Is time an hourglass or a record?

Do all the possibilities come together and create now, or are we simply moving along a predetermined path like a record?

(Geebus, what the hell was in that Vente Mochachino I just had?!?)
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.
Bill Hicks

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~