wes.

who would you let pack for you???

a couple weeks back i went back to the DZ i grew up on started jumping, i went there to jump and was also going to pack so i could a bit of extra money and do some more jumps then when i arrived i was told by the CCI (who gave me my packing licence and let me pack all last summer) that i couldnt pack becuase i was only 17 and the jumpers wouldnt want to jump anything packed by a kid:S i didnt think much of it at the time but when i got home and mentioned it to my dad he was fuming and thought it was well out of order so i was just wondering would you guys let a 17 year old pack for you?

ive had my packing licence for over a year and am perfectily current
Falling from the top floor
your lungs fill like parachutes

I don't use packers because I'd rather keep the money for more jump tickets, but if I did I'd be perfectly happy to let a teenager pack my rig.

Lets face it, stuffing nylon into a bag isn't exactly rocket science:P

Do you want to have an ideagasm?

My son started packing when he was 12. All his customers have been quite satisfied with his work. Yes, he has had one chop, HP canopy with line twists. I usually pack my own, but his last pack job for me was smooth a new stretch of highway, soft as a baby's butt.B|

I don't care about their age as much as I care about their pack job.

Bingo. I normally pack for myself, but I would trust a 10 year old if I knew he was trained well!

Just keep the slider against the stops, what could possibly go wrong! :D
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

i didnt think most people would mind i did finjd it annoying though when i was waiting for a lift which couldnt take off becuase not all the kit had been packed in time!

my dad jumped a pack job that my 6 eyar old brother had done... he didnt intend to jump it but mty brother packed at the end of one day then my dad was planning on re packing it in the morning but got on the earlybird laod and forgot about it!
Falling from the top floor
your lungs fill like parachutes

Currently only myself and someone that I really do trust (like an instructor or something). That's just because my current canopy (a Parachutes de France Merit 190 - which is a F111-hybrid) opens like a BASE canopy (indeed has been BASEd by its previous owner!) if you don't pack it to open super-super-slow.

If I had a standard canopy that everyone jumps like a Sabre2 (probably my next canopy) then I'd trust anyone that jumps their own pack-job to pack mine, or anyone that packs a lot for other people.

Age is not an issue.

why is it that in the states packers are such a big thing? as far as i know, in switzerland everyone packs for themselves. or at least thats how things work at the dropzone i've visited. even with student or hired rigs, you're required to repack..
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

i met a girl the first day i started aff. She is one of the manifest guy's daughter. She is around your age and she is always packing for the fun jumpers. She doesnt pack tandem rigs(i dont think) and i have never heard anyone talking bad about her pack jobs...granted i have only been to my dz 4 times so far...but she was there every time busy packing mains. As others have stated..its not the age of the packer...its their level of experiance packing.
"Age has absolutely nothing to do with knowledge, learning, respect, attitude, or personality." -yardhippie
"Fight the air, and the air will kick your ass!!! "-Specialkaye

Nobody...

Or on the other hand... Pretty much everybody...

Since I have started to train by packing other parachutes (my fellow jumpers(friends)), I have used my own parachute as a test for trying out new tecnices..

Therefore I pack my own chute... (At least the main)
If everything seems under control.. You're just not going fast enough..!

I've found it to be the opposite.

In the UK you dont need to know how to pack to get your A license, its up to the individual to find time and want to learn. So I see lots of people waiting on packjobs and needing packers, fuck i was one of them.

In the USA its mandatory to learn how to pack for your A.

People aint made of nothin' but water and shit.

Until morale improves, the beatings will continue.

In the UK you dont need to know how to pack to get your A license, its up to the individual to find time and want to learn. So I see lots of people waiting on packjobs and needing packers, fuck i was one of them.

Depends what DZ you go to I guess. I know very few licenced jumpers who don't know how to pack.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?