superstu

have you been hurt jumping?

Yes i was hurt in a minor accident.

Ian (Drennan) even came to visit me on the way back from South Africa when i was still in the hospital in Tampa,FL. Broken femur and a subdural hematoma (sp?)(bleeding on the brain). Ian can testify how f*ked in the head i was (i think im still a bit screwed up). Took 6 months before i was allowed to jump again. Did about 3 or 4 jumps and then stopped for 6 years due to financial reasons.
Some dream of flying, i live the dream...

Bruises, dislocated shoulder, neck pains that have kept me from jumping. Then of course you could x-ray my right leg and Ian's and have a hard time telling who's was who's.:D:D

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.

Yes I was hurt last July when my reserve deployed out the door and it cut 4 line . I spiraled to the ground and broke my back and shattered my left ankle. I spent 2 months in hospital and 2 months at home on my back, been back to work for awhile and if everything goes well after my last doctors appoint ment in August I will be jumping again.
STEP OUT AND FEEL THE RUSH!!!! LATER
SKYBOMB

Broke my radius bone in my wrist stumbling out the door of an Otter on the 1998 New Jersey state record 100+ way attempts.

Severely sprained both ankles with a panic turn into a small clearing ringed by a forest when I made a dumb decision to jump in 30+ mph winds under a Falcon 235 with 50+ jumps experience. I weighed 150 lbs without gear.

Those are the only significant injuries I've had. I've been fortunate.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Sky diving in the old days was a lot like bull riding. It wasn't if you would get hurt...but when, and how bad. The possibility of death was always there.

I suspect the sport hasn't changed all that much. Many things are safer today, but there's still a very real possibility that something awful can happen.

We had four skydivers and a pilot killed, here in Montana, just last week....Steve1

Sprained my ankle on my first jump. Bruised both heels under a 28 ft. round. Sprained both ankles under a wildly oscillating 24 ft. reserve. Severely sprained my left ankle and bruised my right heel after a low turn a couple years ago. So far nothing broken.

I think I may have contracted an STD from the same gal that Artwardo mentioned earlier.....Steve1[:/]

I smacked my nuts on the pond a few times..... Oh wait, THAT WAS YOU!!! HA HA HA HA!:ph34r::D:ph34r::D:P:P

Have you been hurt skydiving?

Hurt i'll define as something that has kept you from jumping, or should have kept you from jumping but you were just too damn stuburn to admit it.

for me...not yet (knock on wood)

sorry if this is a re-poll

you little bitch!:D

have you gone through the risers on that canopy yet? it's just a matter of time, that thing is cursed

by the way, you wanna do another canopy run? i remember the last one we went on you were screamin like a little girl:o

Slip Stream Air Sports
Do not go softly, do not go quietly, never back down

Jump#35

Warm day, only wore shorts and a t-shirt. Wind switched directions on final and I wasn't experienced enough to downwind it. I rolled several times, spraining my ankle, several cuts & bruises and even partially tore my right rotator cuff (it healed in a few weeks).

I smacked my nuts on the pond a few times..... Oh wait, THAT WAS YOU!!! HA HA HA HA!:ph34r::D:ph34r::D:P:P

I too have seen Stu do "The Tripod". I wonder when it'll become known as his signature move?

There are easier ways to become a Eunich :)
Performance Designs Factory Team

you little bitch!:D

have you gone through the risers on that canopy yet? it's just a matter of time, that thing is cursed

by the way, you wanna do another canopy run? i remember the last one we went on you were screamin like a little girl:o

Not yet. I'm braking the cycle. i do have some custome lines on it that I made I Eloy when I broke a center C line. It's amazing you just take the two broken halfs and tie them back together! Seriously. It's hot!

p.s. fuck you.
P.P.S. I may have cried like a little girl, but at least I didn't have to have Slaton RUB MY SORE NUTS!

Jump #31 Broken ankle after a hard landing. The result of a canopy collision/wrap. The other jumpers cutaway main entalgeled in my reserve, spinning me into the ground. 3 operations and 8 months off. Over 200 jumps since then, no incidents.:P

Sky diving in the old days was a lot like bull riding. It wasn't if you would get hurt...but when, and how bad. The possibility of death was always there.

Dunno if I agree entirely, Steve. There were broken and sprained ankles then, but "femur" wasn't a verb yet. Most injuries I remember happened to newer jumpers who biffed a landing.

The closest I came to hurting myself was to sprain a shoulder landing in too high a wind. I had to hold one hand up to brush my hair the next morning, and to grab the toggle after opening :D. But by the third jump it was OK.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Fucking hideous hard openning left me in pain for a few days. It wasn't even a zero-p canopy, figure that one out.
My biggest handicap is that sometimes the hole in the front of my head operates a tad bit faster than the grey matter contained within.