mnskydiver688

First Hybrid!

I already know the DZ has a case of beer coming so... I didn't realize how fast you get going on one of those. It was one hanger and a two-way. My goggles where going nuts and my back was hurting like hell. Later I looked at pictures taken of the momentous occasion and holy shit I was bent in half at the waist. Has anybody else had a sore back afterwards? I think I need to re-assess this whole "arch" thing. Haha
Sky Canyon Wingsuiters

Later I looked at pictures taken of the momentous occasion and holy shit I was bent in half at the waist. Has anybody else had a sore back afterwards? I think I need to re-assess this whole "arch" thing. Haha

POST the pictures already! You don't need to re-assess the arch, you just need to get used to it.:P

I hope to get pictures soon. The camera guy had to head out so hopefully by tomorrow. Almost lost a contact at breakoff. To top is all off had a kicker opening. Good 'ol Sabre1 170. The funny thing is we had a smaller person doing the hanging and I am scared to upsize on the next one. Haha
Sky Canyon Wingsuiters

Congrats! Ain't it a blast?

More hybrids with heavier hangers will improve your arch with time.
:D:D

If you can't touch the back of your head with your feet, you need more practice.
:P

j/k

My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Next time drop a knee... the hanger always loves that. :ph34r:

I have some funny video somewhere of myself trying to hang from a two person base where one of them was falling much faster than the other, backsliding, and turning. I was underneath it, but I was bent about 30 degrees at the waist to one side, with that heel dug into the wind as hard as I could and the other leg all goofy trying to hold us on heading.

From the outside it looked like I was standing on one leg, slowly and casually twirling two people over my head. Much as a superhero might do with a couple evil-doers shortly before depositing them in a dumpster.

Next time drop a knee... the hanger always loves that. :ph34r:

From the outside it looked like I was standing on one leg, slowly and casually twirling two people over my head. Much as a superhero might do with a couple evil-doers shortly before depositing them in a dumpster.

:D that's good stuff!

I did my first hybrid, a three-way, yesterday at Chicagoland. It went amazingly smooth since I’m pretty new to the sport (51 jumps). I was one of the belly flyers and the hanger (thanks Ben) did an awesome job, the visuals of when he let go and dropped beneath us was incredible.

Is there a specific name for this hybrid formation?
"Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it." - Goethe

Congrats! Ain't it a blast?

More hybrids with heavier hangers will improve your arch with time.
:D:D

If you can't touch the back of your head with your feet, you need more practice.
:P

j/k

:D

I can vouch for the heavier hangers pulling you down. :D
Breathe out so I can breathe you in...

I feel your pain ;-)

I had a similar experience. I was base on a 3-way hybrid a couple of weeks ago and it felt like re-entry from orbit :-) My goggles were a shaking and later that night, my shoulders and back were feeling sore.

We were moving so fast that the camera guy couldn't catch up (partially due to a less than perfect count on exit as well)

Despite the pain, I can't wait to do it again, it was fracking awesome!

P.S. Did you just get your 100th jump at STC this weekend? I think I was on that jump with you :-)

Take care,

Dan

Zoos are way more organized that that jump ... hehe.

I've had about 20 other RW jumps before then and I was lulled into believing I had some form of control in freefall. On Sunday however I was screwing things up with great skill. I got yelled at 4 times by the gurus (wrong grip, grab the beach ball, let go earlier on exit, etc) and so I went back to 2 & 3 ways the rest of the day which were all awesome. Hopefully I will do better on my next set of 7-9 ways.

I was still happy to get 9 jumps in ... and I learned a few things in the process ... which is a Good Thing.

Dan