BigM

Fantastic 4 Demo in Charlotte

I finally saw the trailer on TV for that movie so now I see what the deal is on the Silver Surfer.... Can't wait for the movie to come out on DVD. :P

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I got to see the practice at Skydive Carolina and saw all the dudes up close :) They parked a big Goodyear blimp on the DZ too. Neat, but I didn't have a camera that day. Grr.
Rodriguez Brother #1614, Muff Brother #4033
Jumped: Twin Otter, Cessna 182, CASA, Helicopter, Caravan

From everyone I know that was on the jump, conditions were favorable, the wind cooperated, the jump went off without a hitch, it was loads of fun, and it was very well received by the crowd.

...and according to Oliver, in addition to being cool looking, the silver surfer suit was also a pleasure to wear for long periods of time in the heat. :P

...and according to Oliver, in addition to being cool looking, the silver surfer suit was also a pleasure to wear for long periods of time in the heat. :P

I wondered about that. It looked hot cause I saw that he had on some kind of soft material suit underneath the silver suit.
Rodriguez Brother #1614, Muff Brother #4033
Jumped: Twin Otter, Cessna 182, CASA, Helicopter, Caravan

We all watched as BJ Worth and Derek Thomas put the full-head-cover mask on Oliver at the "3 minutes to exit" mark on each jump. It was very tight fitting and it took both of them to get the zipper in the back all the way down. Most 4-way jumpers would not pick orange as their jumpsuit color of choice, but after watching Oliver get the mask put on, we all decided that wearing an orange jumpsuit was just fine. The real "thrill" came after the first practice jump when Oliver told us that his vision was pretty restricted with the mask on. This wasn't real comforting to Kirk Verner, Christopher Irwin, and Pat McGowen, who Oliver was "jumping" as he went into the center of the 4. Oliver is an incredible board flyer, and that was truly cool to see him flying around the formation, then dive through the middle. The jump was a major buzz for all of us. Mega thanks to Fox!! And sincere thanks to Tom Sanders and John Hamilton, for their organizational prowess in putting this together.

Scott Latinis
>>
"Here's how you cure cancer: make it more cool for a kid to grow up to be a scientist than it is for him or her to be an athlete or a Pop Star. That's how you cure cancer."