rave4funn

my first reserve ride!!

First load Saturday morning a buddy of mine and I did a simple shredder. There was also someone lurking. The shredder went fine and it broke apart around eleven thousand. At ten thousand feet, all of a sudden, I felt like I got tackled. It threw me a little off balance and I saw lines and realized I had a parachute deploying. A split second later I look up to check for a good canopy and figure out what the hell happened. At this point I realize I am under reserve and my main is still on my back. My reserve handle was still where is was supposed to be, and I had a really long ride down to think about what had happened. I am still not positibve what happened, but the AAD didnt fire and I had a pin check on the ground and on the plane. I somehow knocked myself in the face on opening and left a swollen bruise on my cheek. Thankfully, someone looking for their freebag later that day found mine (rental).B|
---------------------------------------------------

http://www.myspace.com/rave4funn

Glad your alright and the freebag was found, cuz they's not free,;) oh yea :DX2 ! First reserve ride and first premature deployment.....:P

The beer rules clearly says that two firsts on the same jump means only one case of beer.

Glad you found your freebag!

:)
Relax, you can die if you mess up, but it will probably not be by bullet.

I'm a BIG, TOUGH BIGWAY FORMATION SKYDIVER! What are you?

The beer rules clearly says that two firsts on the same jump means only one case of beer.

Not old school rules, ya get called on it you owe! You pups have much to learn and quit trying to change the rules to suit your needs......:P
you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo

A shredder (w/2 people) is basically a closed accordian and both people then go into a track with their legs and one free arm. This sends you spinning faster and faster until you cant hold on anymore.

I was wearing a dolphin container. It's a rental. My rig should be in this week (finally).

A shredder (w/2 people) is basically a closed accordian and both people then go into a track with their legs and one free arm. This sends you spinning faster and faster until you cant hold on anymore.

It could be that 1. the force on the yoke was enough to pull on the cable, or the other person might have snaged the rsl. 2. the rig might be to small for you and this can help in unusual body moves to pull the pin. I have seen it happen to at least 4 jumpers who when wearing a rig too small each move moved the pin some till the they "dearched" in the back fired the reserve all four were on climbout, with the last one getting a reserve over the tail and cutting four out of 5 lines on the front riser.

What or where did the other person have a grip on you? Was it on your left side?

I am still not positibve what happened, but the AAD didnt fire and I had a pin check on the ground and on the plane. I somehow knocked myself in the face on opening and left a swollen bruise on my cheek.

And the punch you got in the face was more then likely a riser slap and it can knock the shit out of you.

I was wearing a dolphin container

I'll bet that rig brand has nothing to do with what happened.

My buddy I was doing the shredder with was gripping my right side. Also, my reserve deployment was not immediate after the shredder brokeup. The guy lurking had come from above and admitted pushing off from above but did not think he snagged anything. He is very experienced skydiver and a great guy. Since neither of us could figure out exactly what happened he was nice enough to split the repack cost with me.

P.S. just got the call MY rig has arrived and should be ready by the weekend, which will also be when I make my 100th jump. I am going to ending having to bring massive amounts of beer!

One the right side and a back push off, interesting. The RSL should be on the left, not right side, so slim chance there, and the push off would be a slim chance too. But as we know shit can and will happen.

One other thing came to mind, did you get a pin check just before the door? if not what kind of plane were you in?

Regardless your down safe and that is what counts, hope you like your new rig and yes more :D!:P;):D

Glad your alright and the freebag was found, cuz they's not free,;) oh yea :DX2 ! First reserve ride and first premature deployment.....:P

... and don't forget the bottle of beverage for the rigger that packed the reserve (traditionally a liquor of his or her choice)... premature deployment not withstanding, they saved his life... so, rave, thats 2 cases of beer to the DZ fridge + a fifth of booze to the loft.

;)