frizey

Types of Licence's

Hi guys, dont know whether this is a stupid question but i had a search on the forum and im only new to sky diving, i was just wondering what types of licence's their are and what they mean. e.g A, B etc..
If someone could help me out it would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers people.
the pleasure has been all yours ;)
Frizey

It varies by country, but there are similarities to comply with international standards.

Here in the United States we are governed by the United States Parachute Association (USPA). The entry level license is called the "A" and requires a minimum of 25 jumps. The "B" license requires a minimum of 50 jumps, the "C" license requires a minimum of 200 jumps, and the "D" license requires a minimum of 500 jumps. There are also performance requirements for each license.

For a more complete review of the United States licensing process, see section 3 in the USPA Skydivers Information Manual (SIM) at http://www.uspa.org/publications/SIM/2007SIM/SIM.htm. It's available to purchase, or as a free download.

License requirements in your country will be a bit different.
Tom Buchanan
Instructor Emeritus
Comm Pilot MSEL,G
Author: JUMP! Skydiving Made Fun and Easy

Put very plainly id say a licence is a level of accomplishment/experience that a skydiver has obtained/achieved. Most Parachute Associations issue licences from A - D.

Your profile says you are from Australia. For more info check out Section 3 Certificates and licences in the Australian Parachute Federation Operational Regulation.

http://www.apf.asn.au/Documents/Publications/OpRegs.pdf

Dave
Ready...Set...Go..!

SkydiveSwakop

Hi guys, dont know whether this is a stupid question but i had a search on the forum and im only new to sky diving, i was just wondering what types of licence's their are and what they mean. e.g A, B etc..

Some dropzones limit landing area access based on license. Where I've been jumping a C or D license and 200 jumps means landing on the airport and less means a bus ride back.

In the United States

The FAA requires a 'C' license for open-field demos.

An A-license is required for self supervision, to jump in winds over 14MPH, make water landings, and do group jumps with people who do not hold a USPA coach rating or D-license.

Other ratings have a license as a requirement. For example the pro-rating for demos into tighter areas requires a D-license; instructor rating a C-license; coach rating a B-license.

Your license affects minimum pack opening altitude limits (3K for A, 2500 for B, 2K for C+D) and time between jumps before which USPA suggests recurency training (30 days for students, 60 days for A, 90 days for B, 6 months for C+D. Some DZs enforce this as a rule and some don't.)