smayo76

New beginnings

The happiest I've ever been in my life was when I was skydiving. I was on static line progression about 6 years ago. I was on jump 14 or so and was doing 15-20 second freefalls. It never mattered what I had going on in my life, when I was in the air or under canopy, nothing else mattered. Soon thereafter I got married (to a non jumper who thought it was silly) and got busy at work (I worked at Highway Patrol) and stopped jumping. There was never a single day that I didn't stare at the sky remembering it all. Fastforward to present day.

I'm 31 years old. I currently for the next two weeks live in Mississippi. My wife informed me that we are seperating/divorcing and I've decided to move back to North Georgia where I'm from originally to pursue career opportunities there where I have a lot of family. One of the first things I decided I would do is get back in shape (I'm at about 280+ lbs now) and then get back in the air. I was shocked to see how many drop zones are around Georgia/Tennessee all within an hour of where I'm living. I have my eye on a big one in Rome Ga. that looks incredible by their web site. 4 months from now I'll be moved, slimmed down a bit and floating above beautiful Georgia somewhere.

I know I'll have to start over with AFF (I don't mind) and look forward to it actually. I also look forward to making new friends and getting to know a lot of fellow jumpers as I re-earn my wings. If there are any of you out there from Georgia, I plan on frequenting all the drop zones around. Just look for the big new guy with a shaved head and a big smile.

That'll be me.

Contact namgrunt on here, he'll be happy to show you around them thar parts of Nawrthern Georgia. Leave the Forty Creek in the fridge alone. It's mine and it ain't gonna help you shave no pounds. :D

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?username=namgrunt;

Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

Awesome, all the cool kids live in ATL! B| Seriously, there is a large, great group of jumpers in this area. And they are very welcoming. We are also a lot of postwhores, just ask Skymama. :D Sorry about your marriage, but glad you are able to get back into the sport. Good luck with the AFF and hopefully I'll see you around sometime...:)

Enemiga Rodriguez, PMS #369, OrFun #25, Team Dirty Sanchez #116, Pelt Head #29, Muff #4091

I posted this in the other thread, but I thought I'd post it here too.

I appreciate the feedback as well as the private messages. I know nothing about Georgia or Tennessee skydiving centers other than what I've gathered from websites. I'm looking forward to moving back to Georgia and getting to know alot of you guys and gals. I'm going to visit ASC and the Farm, but based on what I've been told I'll most likely end up at the farm.

As I told someone in a PM, my reasons for initially choosing ASC were two fold.

First, I'm a big guy. 6'1" 280+ lbs. I could stand to lose a few pounds (or 30..lol) but I could have low body fat and still be a big guy. ASC's jump weight limit is 285 where everyone else (including the Farm) is 250. I was hoping to start jumping again by the fall instead of by next year.

Secondly, location. I'll be moving to Northwest Georgia (around Trenton..15 miles west of Chattanooga) and Rome is an hour away (if they were in Rome).

Thanks again for the feedback. I also just found this website for the first time before I posted and I'm excited about getting to know this community and jumping with a lot of you all.