PikzeeVikzen

Door Demon

The simple way I got myself back on the plane during AFF was by promising myself that if I did just this one more jump, I'd NEVER have to do it again. I gave myself permission to quit, but only after completing the next jump.

It seemed easier to get on for only one jump. So that's how I did it, one jump at a time. :)
Picture yourself doing as you say: Attack that monster!!!

Here's hoping I don't land with the plane!

Here’s to hoping???

With that kind of attitude, you may have lost the battle already.

Change your mindset - you can change the defeated mindset into one that will allow you to overcome you fears and be victorious and you can change it right now this very second! Take the negative thinking out of the equation because you are allowing it to defeat you before the starting gun even sounds.
Do you want to be a skydiver? Conquer your fears beforehand don’t wait until you are in the door to make up your mind - decide now that you will succeed – DECIDE NOW that you will get in the door, check in with your instructor give a count and exit the freaking airplane no matter what.

I have been where you are, many of us have and we understand exactly what you are going through and what you are feeling but no one can decide to take control of your brain but you.

Here is an associated thread for you to read, it is only a page and may help you – you are not alone…
http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=2837783#2837783

Let us know how it turns out for you – I am not going to say “good luck” because you don’t need any luck, you just need to be determined…
-
Mykel AFF-I10
Skydiving Priorities: 1) Open Canopy. 2) Land Safely. 3) Don’t hurt anyone. 4) Repeat…

definitely try the long door! After 3 cessna jumps over the weekend I felt OK with the door, but I really realized it last night. I did an AFF jump, and we had an extra long door, I sat near it as we banked and turned, and it was AWESOME. I smiled and enjoyed it all, 2 weeks ago I wouldn't have been that way. Everything is possible :) :) We won't discuss how crazy my feet were during freefall, thats a whole other story!

I'm heading out to the DZ tomorrow to attack this beast. Here's hoping I don't land with the plane!

Any news yet? How did it go? I keep telling myself that no matter what the dz requires, and even if they have to pull FOR me, I will have passed my own personal Level 1 if I just get out the door. Okay, so that won't keep me from having to repeat the level if I can't pull for myself, but still--that's my biggest challenge right now (to be immediately followed by the challenge of canopy control, setting up a landing pattern, flaring--you know, all the "little" stuff! ;)).
TPM Sister #102

I can't tell you how many times I've thought about landing with the plane. When I was a student I remember thinking many times on the ride up "this is going to be the time I land with the plane."

Then I thought about landing with the plane and how defeated I would feel if I had to do that and it always managed to push me through the fear. The closest I came was when my instructor asked me "Are you ready to skydive?" and I just stared at him for a good long five seconds. Deep breath, and I looked him straight in the eye and said "Yes."
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

I can't tell you how many times I've thought about landing with the plane. When I was a student I remember thinking many times on the ride up "this is going to be the time I land with the plane."

Then I thought about landing with the plane and how defeated I would feel if I had to do that and it always managed to push me through the fear. The closest I came was when my instructor asked me "Are you ready to skydive?" and I just stared at him for a good long five seconds. Deep breath, and I looked him straight in the eye and said "Yes."

I'm working on my "yes." I am checking Webster's to see if I know that word and it depends on the day and the moment.
TPM Sister #102

Two days of trying to get in the air and no luck. B| I've got to wait another week but this trip to the DZ did me a lot of good mentally so it wasnt a complete bust. I'm ready to conquer my demon! ;);)

ARRGGGHHHHH!!! Good luck! I want to hear about it when it happens.
TPM Sister #102

The simple way I got myself back on the plane during AFF was by promising myself that if I did just this one more jump, I'd NEVER have to do it again. I gave myself permission to quit, but only after completing the next jump.

It seemed easier to get on for only one jump. So that's how I did it, one jump at a time. :)reply]

You took the words out of my mouth, thats EXACTLY how I got through my AFF. It seems to work, because after the freefall everything was a blur untill I looked at the door again, and thought, shit, what am I doing here again, this is the last time :P

it deosn't mttaer waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is frist and lsat ltteer is at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm.