Andy_Copland

Hoseshoe Malfunction Video

Not your typical one, student REALLY doesnt want to let go of the PC. Looks like he never actually does and its ripped out by the deploying canopy.

Anyway, i think that would make a sweet vid for AFF classes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2gvmwjFB2Y

People aint made of nothin' but water and shit.

Until morale improves, the beatings will continue.

It looks to me like the instructor made a boo-boo. As soon as the student extracted the PC the instructor was ready to bail. Then he realized the PC was still in hand and decided to stick around. Had the instructor hung on until inflation he could have helped out a little more. Also, I'm concerned with outside video dude (the guy on the right screen.) After deployment, he took 1 quick peek for traffic then continued to stare at the student for about 20 seconds. In a situation like this it's easy to get scope-locked and not clear yourself for traffic. You know the instructor just dumped near you. Maybe they were the only ones on the plane but there could have also been other traffic. Not to say a canopy collision was close in this instance, but this is a prime example of how one COULD have happened.

Many lessons to be learned from this jump.

"Let the misinterpretation and attacks begin."

it looks like his hand go tangled in the pilot chute.

Probably because he didnt let go. :D One thing I got drilled on in AFF was to throw the pilot chute out and back....get it the hell away from me.
Poetry don't work on whores.

I had a student do the exact same thing and ended up having to yank it out of his hand. His previous jumps were ripcord deployed and even though I drilled him untill I felt comfortable about letting go, he reverted to his previous training at deployment time. I've also seen students get their finger stuck in the handle.

>

That happened to me (jump # 76 years ago now - No AADs!!) whilst on a course at Weston-on-the-Green..... very scary (afterwards). Later analysis suggested that after tracking I was probably backsliding at the end of the track, whilst pitching the pilot chute wrapped around my wrist. Struggling to shake it off, I must have pulled the pin and out came the Light-weight Cloud... My arm was pulled up into the risers.... I pulled and pulled and when my hand came out the canopy deployed O.K (Landed way.. off)..... All's well that ends well.

P.S Andy.. did that video remind you of anything?:)

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome