carafreefly

silliest FUN DZ games

What are some of the silliest games you've played at the DZ during a jump day?
Looking for fun ideas to get people in silly happy moods all day long...

For example, landing and then having to run through an obstacle course. Or silly contests to do in the sky, a slow fall rate contest, etc.

Tie a harness to the ground with a 6ft tether, put on an old canopy, try to keep it (and yourself) in the air.

Inflatable bowling pins with large ball, swoop or land into the ball pushing it forward to knock over pins.

Play poker by randomly drawing 5 names per team/creating teams. Landing on face-down cards, whoever has the best hand wins.

One we haven't tried, but I want to, is slingshot water balloons at people landing.

Whack-a-vidiot:D

We were tired of the tandem vidiots swooping us when we were going out to catch tandems one day so a bunch of us carried some water noodles into the landing area for when they came swooping by >:( , thus, whack-a-vidiot was bornB|:D BTW, the look on their face when you rare back with a water noodle is priceless.:D

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.

Day at the Races. Put streamers on two people who can fall straight down; they are the pylons. Everybody else races around the pylons. This can be done on bellies or freeflying.

Totally random skydives. Give each jumper an assigned way to dock - i.e. Joe can only dock using his right hand, Bill can only dock on someone else's left leg, etc. The first point is deemed complete when everybody on the jump is docked in the correct way and everybody is docked on the formation (ie one formation, not 2 2-way pieces flying next to each other). For the next point(s), everybody must dock on someone else - no touching the same person they touched on the last point.

One we haven't tried, but I want to, is slingshot water balloons at people landing.

I do NOT recommend you try that one. Those things have a lot of weight and speed, and they really hurt. I've been hit before. They seem like fun, until you get whacked. You could cause someone's landing to go bad and seriously injure them.

agreed..

h2O balloons come off a double stretch slingshot,,,with a ton of velocity.. and water is heavy !!..:o
caught unaware, a jumper WOULD be distracted, and if hit would be pissed off BIG Time !!!.>:(

better to make a 4 by 8 foot bullseye target. out of a sheet of plywood... set it up some distance from the boarding area . Let jumpers test their skill by launching one balloon each, at the target...while they wait for the plane
Miss the plywood altogether,,, pay an extra 2 dollars for the jump...( your cost for taking the chance) :|:DB|
hit the target,, save 1 dollar off on the outer ring, 3 dollars off on the inner ring and 5 dollars off on the bullseye.....

Same thing can be done with flagstick and some 9 irons, or pitching wedges,, and golf balls,,,, closest to the pin wins...
some fun could be had during weather holds if a simple playground ball is kept handy..
An impromptu game of kick ball, can be fun, if there is a grassy area so there are no twisted ankles,,,, no other equipment is needed, (except for bases), and EVERYbody knows the rules of the game...

be CAREFUL with any sort of canopy kiting, or tethered flight....Parachutes work better when the are coming down,,,, and NOT going UP...

jmy

Day at the Races. Put streamers on two people who can fall straight down; they are the pylons. Everybody else races around the pylons. This can be done on bellies or freeflying.

I've seen that done with the pool noodles instead of streamers too. B|

Oh yeah, wanted to add one of my all-time favorite jumps, the Hog Flop. You build a round, then everyone does a backflip and then try to re-build the round. Makes for some interesting jumps! :D:)

Enemiga Rodriguez, PMS #369, OrFun #25, Team Dirty Sanchez #116, Pelt Head #29, Muff #4091

...Totally random skydives.

Somewhat similar:

Mystery dives.
Each person gets a slot-specific written set of instructions on exit position, grips to take and key person for each point.

No discussing the dive before exit. No dirt dive.

Amazingly, you will probably find that the dive goes much better than you would at first think.

Heres an example of a simple 4-way Mystery Dive where specific names have been replaced by lettered code:

AAA: You are Center Float. No grips. You will give the count. You are in the base for all points. You will key all points. Launch, then take BBB’s right leg with your right hand and present your right leg to BBB’s right hand.
2nd point – Turn right 90 degrees and take BBB’s left hand with your right hand and take BBB’s right hand with your left hand.
3rd point – BFR. Stick your tongue out at BBB.

BBB: You are Rear Float. No grips. You are in the base for all points. Launch, then take AAA’s right leg with your right hand and present your right leg to AAA’s right hand.
2nd point – Turn right 90 degrees and take AAA’s left hand with your right hand and take AAA’s right hand with your left hand.
3rd point – BFR. Stick your tongue out at AAA.

CCC: You are Front Float. No grips. Launch and take AAA’s left leg with your right hand.
2nd point – Take AAA’s right arm with your right hand then take AAA’s right leg with your left hand.
3rd point – BFR. Yell and kick your feet.

DDD: You are Rear Rear Float. No grips. Launch then take BBB’s left leg with your right hand.
2nd point – Take BBB’s right arm with your right hand then take BBB’s right leg with your left hand.
3rd point – BFR. Yell and kick your feet.

Credit Wendy Faulkner for turning me on to Mystery Dives.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239