ianmdrennan

Colorado Skyventure

Well, I was going to post this in the wind tunnel forum but decided not to as I wanted jumpers who may not visit that forum to know how impressed I was with Colorado's tunnel AND instructors and that it's not a 'tunnel rat' tunnel. All the instructors were skydivers, current or inactive, with a good number of jumps.

I just got back from a trip where I had the opportunity to freefly in the tunnel, comfortably, in my regular freefly suit AND included in tunnel price is coaching....pretty damn cool.

The recirculating air makes the temperature very comfy and the airflow is super smooth!

If you're ever in the area and are looking for some good tunnel time to hone your skills I can absolutely recommend it! Thanks to Jason, Brad and Derek for helping me have such a great time!

Blues,
Ian
Performance Designs Factory Team

If you're ever in the area and are looking for some good tunnel time to hone your skills I can absolutely recommend it! Thanks to Jason, Brad and Derek for helping me have such a great time!

I second that, th colorado tunnel instructors are awesome, I go there just to hang out and bug the crap out of em(a special talent of mine!)

History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

I second that, th colorado tunnel instructors are awesome, I go there just to hang out and bug the crap out of em(a special talent of mine!)

I third it, haven't been to any other tunnels yet though. CO is the closest one to MN :(
http://planetskydive.net/ - An online aggregation of skydiver's blogs.

I flew there a couple weeks ago with Matt and Derek and had an absolute blast. I learned so so much and was just blown away by the skill those guys have.

In fact I liked it som much I'm driving up again on for some more time on Thursday. B|

Less talking, more flying.

Well, I was going to post this in the wind tunnel forum but decided not to as I wanted jumpers who may not visit that forum to know how impressed I was with Colorado's tunnel

So if you are a moderator you can post, essentially an advertisement, anywhere you want.:P:)

Not true at all. I don't moderate this forum and have no say as to what stays and goes.

IMO it's not an advertisement...just an endorsement...just like I'd give any good dropzone...just like we see daily in the 'bitch' threads - this time though, heaven forbid, it's something nice to say about a service.

Now, do you have something constructive to add? ;)

Blues,
Ian

Performance Designs Factory Team

What about you advertising for CSL?

Feel the burn!:D

Is it warm in here, or is it your hot flashes spilling over to me again.

But I don't start a thread in the General Forums about the team scores, but I have in the forum that is about 4way.

(And you did not see my sarcasim)

Just kidding. he he he

Totally agreed on how awesome it is that those guys and girls make it to the DZ as much as they do. I thought once the tunnel opened, that would be the end of them. But I see them all over, all the time.......BASE jumping as well-sheesh.
"It takes a big man to cry, it takes an even bigger man to make that big man cry"

I have had the pleasure of spending several hours with those guys, Jason and Derek especially. I did the basic drills for them for the first couple minutes, as I already had some time in Perris, and in a matter of 30 or so minutes I was off the net on my head on my own. Now, remember, when you start this....you beat the crap out of your instructors...and I never hear them complain. Well...maybe a little.;) Over my next couple visits there, I am to the point where I am able to transition in both directions, participate in a 4-way, and play around just like I was in the air.

Those boys helped me immensely with the small things that you dont even know your doing in the sky. I am a much more refined flyer because of it.

Tdog......now that's an advertisement. Don't like it? Turn your computer off.:)

------------------------------

Controlled and Deliberate.....