skinnyflyer

Price of Gas Ratio to Price of Jump Ticket

can someone who operates or works at a dz please share some information. i know people have posted break downs of jump tickets before but i would like to have a break down of current prices as well as predictions as to what a jump would cost with rising gas prices.

if gasoline in the us currently averages 3$/gal and your jump ticket costs x $, then how much would x$ be if the cost of gas went to;

5$/gal
7$/gal
10$/gal
15$/gal
20$/gal

feel free to add thing like; at x price of gas it is no longer economical to take small loads and we would only be able to take large loads of x jumpers in plane A. at x price of gas we would no longer be able to operate a profitable or break even dz.
"Death is more universal than life; everyone dies but not everyone lives."
A. Sachs

i don't work at a DZ however.

jet fuel is about $5.50 currently. and to answer your question better. you'd have to take into account other variables. for example X amount of fuel is used to get a super otter carrying 20 jumpers to 13,000 ft. in 7mph winds with 15 mph uppers.

if my current $20 jump ticket went up a couple of dollars i'd pay it. if it jumped to $50 i'd jump alot less but i'd still jump. i'm too addicted to stop.
diamonds are a dawgs best friend

Obviously it depends on the amount fuel the aircraft uses. Example:
A super Otter on average burns 25 gallons per load. Divide that by an average of 18 jumpers per load and you get 1.39 gallons per jumper. Multiply that by the price of fuel and you get the jump ticket price increase.

Current jet fuel price avg $4 x 1.39 = $5.56 of each jump ticket for fuel.
$5 per gallon = $6.95 per jumper, an increase of $1.39 per ticket.
$10 per gallon = $13.90 per jumper

This varies with the fuel burn and average number of jumpers of each aircraft.
Due to the lower jumper average a King Air and Caravan are a higher ratio per slot.

$10 per gallon for juel fuel for GA traffic in the next 10 years is a realistic number with the new way the FAA wants to fund the system. Call your congressman.

http://www.skydiveatlanta.com
http://www.musiccityskydiving.com

It is quite annoying that US citizens don't realise how good they have it!

You try paying $2 per litre of gas and $30 for a jump ticket.

sheesh.

oh yeah and stop driving behemoth vehicle
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

Take your anti-American shit to the Bonfire, where the rest of the opinionated people spew their verbal diarrhea.

And just a thought, if you going to slam a whole country, try to sound educated and use a spell checker next time.

------------------------------

Controlled and Deliberate.....

if my current $20 jump ticket went up a couple of dollars i'd pay it. if it jumped to $50 i'd jump a lot less but i'd still jump. i'm too addicted to stop.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Sounds like the price you are willing to pay is reallllllly "elastic."

It is quite annoying that US citizens don't realise how good they have it!

You try paying $2 per litre of gas and $30 for a jump ticket.

sheesh.

oh yeah and stop driving behemoth vehicle

Waaaaaaaaaa :S Just because you guys get it in the ass doesn't mean we want to step in line to receive the same. :P
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

And just a thought, if you going to slam a whole country, try to sound educated and use a spell checker next time.

If you were in any way educated you would know that;

A, I'm not slamming a whole country.
B, there is no 'z' in realise (unless you come from the states)
C, Litre is spelled litre not liter unless you come from the states that decided not to adopt the metric system anyway.

I apologise profusely for missing a 's' in the last sentence. I will strive for perfection next time.

:D
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

Waaaaaaaaaa Crazy Just because you guys get it in the ass doesn't mean we want to step in line to receive the same.

By you guys do you mean the rest of the world? (bar Venezuela and Iran etc.) Look at the gas prices around the world and count yourself very lucky.

Waaaaaaaaaa Crazy Just because you guys get it in the ass doesn't mean we want to step in line to receive the same.

By you guys do you mean the rest of the world? (bar Venezuela and Iran etc.) Look at the gas prices around the world and count yourself very lucky.

gas prices per country;
"Death is more universal than life; everyone dies but not everyone lives."
A. Sachs