smayo76

Most incidents outside the U.S.?

Bored at work and reading the incident list and I noticed something. Most injuries and deaths during skydiving seem to happen outside the U.S. Is safety in instruction and in the mentality of jumpers less of a concern overall outside the U.S. than in other countries or is it just because there are a lot more jumps occuring outside the U.S. It seems to me that the vast majority of jumps happen in the U.S. but I could be wrong. Anyone have an opinion on it?

i could say the same about USA deaths compared to Aussie Deaths, you have more than us ergo you must be more crap than us..
Stupid isnt it;)

USA has many times more jumpers than OZ does so naturally, statistically speaking, there would be more incidents and death in the US

You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

>> Is safety in instruction and in the mentality of jumpers less of a concern overall outside the U.S.

Is that a flamebait? ;)

To be honest from the number of times I've read of US jumpers on dz.com "so we tracked off from the eight-way at 2.5k, I was under canopy at 1.1, and three others had cypres fires" I wonder about the mentality of US jumpers. However, I'm sure that these people are in the minority and are not going to try to kill me when I go jumping in the US.

Children play nice or your going to get a spanking.:)
My take on the incident reports is that the internet has opened up a lot of information on all sports to the world wide community.

"Back in the day" Parchutist/USPA never reported on incidents outside the US.

Jumpers are supposed to be a international family:)B|, we live on a small planet and are affected by the same gravity, and can learn from the same incidents.

Every fatal incident is a tragic loss of a skydiving brother or sister. It's a time to mourn:( not argue like children who is better than the other.[:/]

See how easy it is to play nice:)

My original post wasn't intended as flame-bait or meant to be offensive towards anyone. It was simply an observation and a question. I know the U.S. dropzones have a lot of restrictions imposed on them for safety reasons and wasn't sure if the increased number outside the U.S. was caused by the lack of such. It was an honest question. Not meant to offend non U.S. jumpers or DZOs.

Some countries are more regulatory towards safety than the US, and some less.
Some countries have mandatory flight line checks, wing loading restrictions etc.
And there are a few jumps going on in the rest of the world.....
Never try to eat more than you can lift

I know the U.S. dropzones have a lot of restrictions imposed on them for safety reasons and wasn't sure if the increased number outside the U.S. was caused by the lack of such.

Most European countries, along with others like Australia, have comparable or stricter regulation than the USA.

For example, the Netherlands has wingloading vs. number of jumps restrictions.

Other countries may have little or no regulation.

There are many [fatal or serious non-fatal] incidents outside the U.S. that never get published at dz.com. Why? Because most countries have their own skydiving forums and they don't care about dz.com. They don't have to, so most of the time they don't.

For example, there were 4 skydiving fatalities in Russia in the last 6 weeks, but only one is listed on dz.com.

That's just how the things are.
Android+Wear/iOS/Windows apps:
L/D Vario, Smart Altimeter, Rockdrop Pro, Wingsuit FAP
iOS only: L/D Magic
Windows only: WS Studio