mjosparky

The death of Skydiving

Just like the days when no one would snitch on anyone at the dropzone.. Now we have all kinds of grassers

The most entertaining ones are the ones that make threats. I know of one old dude that keeps threatening to report me to my bosses. Funny thing is who he thinks has authority over me ... doesn't.

I guess it makes him feel better about himself to blame the world for him getting old/ and senile.

Lee, if I ever get like that ... shoot me!

steveOrino

won't be the same guy that pms you then blocks you would it? Love those kind of people.. can't wait to meet some of the peeps in person :D Just like you steve, when the skins wupp the cowgirls ass.

I wonder if when you meet them they are as tough and cocky in person..lol I just hate those jumpers that don't skydive yet show up at a dropzone so they can post on here about shit that happens you know the type

http://www.skydivethefarm.com

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?

I met him briefly. He's not much of a threat (apart from PMs) I guess when you got it bad over a married woman you do stupid stuff. [:/]

:D:D:D:D I had him for a married man myself

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?

I met him briefly. He's not much of a threat (apart from PMs) I guess when you got it bad over a married woman you do stupid stuff. [:/]

:D:D:D:D I had him for a married man myself

Maybe he is (old school) mormon

did you mean to add an m in the middle of mormon

won't be the same guy that pms you then blocks you would it?

HAHAHA!! I know that guy. Some people you just can't reason with. It's funny watching this thread, I knew what the outcome would be.

It's a hierarchy in skydiving message board posting... If I have 30 years in the sport, anyone with less time and experience's opinion doesn't count... No matter what the discussion!

Look at the great responses by Bilvon in this thread, spot on as far as I am concerned, but since Our hero the thread starter has more time in the sport, Bill is wrong.

It's great. No wait it's sad.

Maybe it's certain old timer's bad attitudes toward the younger generations that are driving new people away.

Thank god, I managed to fall into generation X!

_justin

won't be the same guy that pms you then blocks you would it?

HAHAHA!! I know that guy. Some people you just can't reason with. It's funny watching this thread, I knew what the outcome would be.

It's a hierarchy in skydiving message board posting... If I have 30 years in the sport, anyone with less time and experience's opinion doesn't count... No matter what the discussion!

Look at the great responses by Bilvon in this thread, spot on as far as I am concerned, but since Our hero the thread starter has more time in the sport, Bill is wrong.

It's great. No wait it's sad.

Maybe it's certain old timer's bad attitudes toward the younger generations that are driving new people away.

Thank god, I managed to fall into generation X!

_justin

:D how do u say PRICELESS

Recently there has been a lot of discussion about the continued decline in the numbers of active skydivers by both USPA and DZO’s. How do we stop the experienced jumpers for leaving what can be done to bring new people into the sport? The answer to these questions can be found by looking at skydivers themselves.

For the past 12 to 15 years there has been an increase in an attitude I call the “entitlement generation”. Every DZ has their share of them and we all know who they are. They are for the most part loud, obnoxious and confrontational. They are big on “their rights” and have complete disregard for others. They seem to take great pride in sounding like an illiterate street thug. Picture a grade school bully in a grown up body.
[:/]

That does not sound like a generation you are talking about. It sounds like a particular person. IMO[:/]
-----------------
I love and Miss you so much Honey!
Orfun #3 ~ Darla

I understand it's easy to piss on Sparky's comments simply because he's retired and has lots of years in the sport. I went to Perris specifically to meet him because I know some of what he's achieved in our sport. Far, far, FAR more than some of the people you're praising. Yeah, he's a white-haired old fart, one that keeps picking up very young ladies at Perris. He's all class. He may not always be right, but he's got great class. Check out what he's been into, you might find it in yourself to show a little respect. Many people have remained alive in this sport as a result of his work. More recently, he helped me in obtaining something I badly needed, for which I'll always be in debt. Screw em', Sparky. I'll buy a few beers for you before I'd talk to any of these clowns. ;) Having met you and one other praised person in this thread...you've got class (and style).

increase in an attitude I call the “entitlement generation”.

A little condescending don't you think?

You having trouble finding cool people to jump with? I cant imagine why.:S

I like the "good ole days" when people just kept things to themselves and didn't post every little "I'm quitting skydiving" or "things used to be great when" thread on dz.com. How about a little more posting about some wacky mal you had in the 60's while doing crew with 2 rounds no reserve, and a suicide strap, and a little less "everything sucks now" and maybe you will be accepted into this crazy "new" skydiving cult.

Oh and I would be happy to welcome you to jump with me, unlike the "good ole days" when you wouldn't waste your time with a newbie like myself.

You used to be that guy you're talking about "picture a grade school bully in a grown up body" and now sour grapes cuz your on the other side. Back in the day I laughed at your jokes, grew old balls, smoked shitty weed and drank cheap draft beer to fit in, now its your turn.

Darwin said it would happen I just didn't think I would see it.
take a deep breath, relax and don't clinch your teeth together, it will all be over in a couple of minutes...

I understand it's easy to piss on Sparky's comments simply because he's retired and has lots of years in the sport. I went to Perris specifically to meet him because I know some of what he's achieved in our sport. Far, far, FAR more than some of the people you're praising. Yeah, he's a white-haired old fart, one that keeps picking up very young ladies at Perris. He's all class. He may not always be right, but he's got great class. Check out what he's been into, you might find it in yourself to show a little respect. Many people have remained alive in this sport as a result of his work. More recently, he helped me in obtaining something I badly needed, for which I'll always be in debt. Screw em', Sparky. I'll buy a few beers for you before I'd talk to any of these clowns. Wink Having met you and one other praised person in this thread...you've got class (and style).

If this is true, then why the post this troll like post? I know a lot of gentlemen who have done more than him who don't degrade the people (the future) in the sport now. Things have changed we get it, some good some bad... What are people supposed to say, "oh you're right mojosparky, Ive been completely wrong how Ive handled myself I'll change immediately" its just ridiculous. What kind-of response did he expect?
take a deep breath, relax and don't clinch your teeth together, it will all be over in a couple of minutes...

I dunno. Maybe he had one too many beers. Maybe he was tired. Maybe....who knows. But he's a respectable guy that has contributed a lot, so whether I agree with him or not, I'm going to respect him.
Having nearly been killed, and later learning why...he taught me a lot. He's put his life directly on the line for a lot of people. More than once. So I'll offer respect no matter what. I think the entitlement generation (from whence I come) has forgotten that small tidbit about respecting others (regardless of their age).

What are people supposed to say, "oh you're right mojosparky, Ive been completely wrong how Ive handled myself I'll change immediately"

“Have you ever seen two parties reconcile when both sides believed themselves to be entirely right? Have you ever seen one side of an argument convince the other side through debate? Yet we continue to pile high our evidence, thinking our opponent will say, “Oh, now I see the light. Thank you for pointing out to me how wrong I’ve been.”
Humility is an interesting attribute. Often seen as weakness, humility is actually the fruit of a deeper level of confidence and a higher level of thinking. When challenged, the small and insecure mind immediately becomes defensive and combative. But an expansive and secure mind will ask itself, “Do I really want to put my dog in this fight?” When the silent answer is, “No, this fight wouldn’t be worth the trouble or the distraction. It would be a bad investment of my time, and time is the stuff life is made of,” we say, “Maybe you’re right,” and the debate is ended. People call this humility.
But when the quiet answer is, “Yes, I will put my dog in this fight because what’s at stake is worth the trouble,” then we see another fruit from the tree whose roots go deep and whose branches soar high. This second fruit is called patience. It allows us to stand firm in our convictions, never becoming frantic, anxious or shrill.
Humility and patience; are the roots of your confidence sunk deep enough and do the branches of your intellect soar high enough to produce these daring fruits?”
by Roy Williams
Mykel AFF-I10
Skydiving Priorities: 1) Open Canopy. 2) Land Safely. 3) Don’t hurt anyone. 4) Repeat…

But he's a respectable guy that has contributed a lot, so whether I agree with him or not, I'm going to respect him.

100% with you there.

"If I have seen further it is because I have stood on the shoulders of giants" - Sir Isaac Newton.

Sparky is one of my giants.

t
It's the year of the Pig.

Yeah, he's a white-haired old fart, one that keeps picking up very young ladies at Perris. He's all class. He may not always be right, but he's got great class. .

Douglas, your definition of class and mine are different. :S I simply called him out on your statement above when he was defended a whiny little snot that trying to get revenge on a DZO that banned her bratty kids. He preceded to threaten to report me to my religous superiors (LOL if he only had a clue!B|), my school (because I warned the DZO to be easy on the brat because he may be oppositional defiant or have a conduct disorder)????

Of course he went after the DZO as well (and blamed me for his vindictive spirit) Then PMs me multiple times telling me that I'm a punk. When I finally decide to comment on his tirade he blocks my PMs and emails. :S That isn't class in my book regardless of the good he has done somewhere ... some time in the past.

BTW, I met him in person when he was hitting on previously mentioned female jumper. I was not impressed. But I guess we all influence different people in different ways. I'm glad he made a favorable impression on you, but he certainly hasn't on me. We are what we are.

steveOrino

Yeah, he's a white-haired old fart, one that keeps picking up very young ladies at Perris. He's all class. He may not always be right, but he's got great class. .

Douglas, your definition of class and mine are different. :S I simply called him out on your statement above when he was defended a whiny little snot that trying to get revenge on a DZO that banned her bratty kids. He preceded to threaten to report me to my religous superiors (LOL if he only had a clue!B|), my school (because I warned the DZO to be easy on the brat because he may be oppositional defiant or have a conduct disorder)????

Of course he went after the DZO as well (and blamed me for his vindictive spirit) Then PMs me multiple times telling me that I'm a punk. When I finally decide to comment on his tirade he blocks my PMs and emails. :S That isn't class in my book regardless of the good he has done somewhere ... some time in the past.

BTW, I met him in person when he was hitting on previously mentioned female jumper. I was not impressed. But I guess we all influence different people in different ways. I'm glad he made a favorable impression on you, but he certainly hasn't on me. We are what we are.

-------------------------------------------------------

Well then......that completely explains your agenda in this thread.....its personal and has nothing to do with the original sunject. Good for you. Carry on.

bozo
Pain is fleeting. Glory lasts forever. Chicks dig scars.

I called him out on his original post where he paint a whole generation with one stroke.

My recent post is because he continues to PM me with threats. The courage a few thousand miles gives some guys is ridiculous. :S

See there......just shows you dont know Sparky.

I think he developed the real courage he has in the rice paddies...under fire....bandaging shot up Marines.
Sparky is the real deal....anybody who thinks otherwise has an awfully skewed perception.

Like one of the other posters said....you dont have to agree with him but he is deserving of his opinion.

bozo

Funny how this thread has drifted from the general change in DZ attitudes to the specific personal issues some are having.

Sparky is right. The change in attitude has not helped retain jumpers in the sport. What it has changed is the general disregard for jumping safety. The pioneers bled for us developing tools and techniques and the youngsters seem to ignore that or even worse, actively snigger at it. Sad. The youngsters are doomed to making the same mistakes of the past...and inventing new ones.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

I'd submit that his courage has nothing to do with miles.
If I ever find myself going down in an aircraft that has a ripped off tail, broken back and neck with a heavy payload flopping about in the cabin, I'd sure want Sparky to be there with me. Because he's already been there, done that, not very long ago.
I'm sorry your experience has been different, Steve. I can understand the frustration you might be feeling as well; nothing sucks like DZ politics, especially when women or children are involved. Seems like you two would be best served with a long distance over-beer chat.

I'm sorry your experience has been different, Steve. I can understand the frustration you might be feeling as well; nothing sucks like DZ politics, especially when women or children are involved. Seems like you two would be best served with a long distance over-beer chat.

Or....if it really matters...nothing that an airline ticket couldnt remedy.

Sparky is a good guy and my friend. I will back him all the way. He has earned the right to his opinion.
Get off the personal issues and back to the original post.

bozo