cjsgrlsx3

So I get a new...........

jump suit! My first jump on it was two weeks ago! I couldn't have asked for a better jump.....new jumpsuit with booties, and new helmet. I felt good and everything went perfect. So yesterday I decide to head on out there again and do a few more jumps. Maybe I just got lucky a few weeks ago but my jumps were terrible. I jumped with the same instructor but I think I scared the crap out of him. For some reason found myself tracking in circles! Did not dock once and landed too far away but still at the airport. A few bruises but nothing to complain about. So I go back up to try again and was offered to do a three way. Now I am really excited because I have only 17 jumps and this would be a first. SO.....out we go, I'm on my back they are belly down and I have a death grip on one of the instructors! Why didn't I let go sooner? Beats me. So after all is stable, I can't catch a single person and I am the only one with booties! Then I track in circles again. I screw up my landing AGAIN! Geez someone help. I have never had this problem in my 17 jumps and have done two of my Cat I (if that makes sense). These were suppose to be my fun jumps with just a few more things to get signed off. I have the second one on video and will let you guys see it soon. Is it common to screw up so much when the rest of my jumps went really well? [:/]

Don't beat yourself up! You pulled and you landed safely with a good canopy; not bad! As long as you pull and land safely you get the chance to get a little better on each jump. :)

"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

As long as you pull and land safely you get the chance to get a little better on each jump.

Yeah what he said!! Don't get frustrated, this sport is too much fun to get wrapped around the axle over a few bad jumps. Have fun, you'l get it.

good luck:)

History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

Just like the other guys say, don't forget to have fun. Also, if you don't feel comfortable you should probably jump solo and try to get the hang of your new suit...when I first jumped my brand new FS suit, it felt really weird with booties a and such but after a few jumps it was much easier... Good luck and blue skies
~Freedom is never free

My first jump on it was two weeks ago!

:D

So I go back up to try again and was offered to do a three way. Now I am really excited because I have only 17 jumps and this would be a first

more :D
you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo

I made a trip to the DZ last weekend just to drop off beer I owed. I dropped off two cases! I didn't stay but I am sure they enjoyed!

You should hang around. I'll bet a bunch of knowledgable folks discussed ways for you to improve while they were drinking your beer. ;) But you weren't there to hear it. Not all learning takes place in the air. There's a lot to be learned on the ground after hours. That's what that beer's for - to loosen up those experts and get them to reveal their secrets. They probably told them to one of your noobie buddies while they were all drinking your beer, and next week that noobie will be flying rings around you with all the secrets he learned...:P

I wouldn't worry to much. I have a really good jump, then a really bad jump, then a really good jump, etc... Have you ever mastered anything in 17 minutes, 30 minues, 60 minutes, etc...? Have fun and be safe.
"That looks dangerous." Leopold Stotch

Yup. It was just that evening that I could not stick around. I have shown up at the DZ just to sit and talk about what I can learn about, what the next jumps were going to be like, what my options were for exit and all. So we have done alot of talking and looking at photos (of the DZ!). I have learned alot on the ground. Oh and the day I dropped off the beer there were three people there and it was a rained out day! :P

I wouldn't worry to much. I have a really good jump, then a really bad jump, then a really good jump, etc...

This trend doesn't really change, it's just your definition of "really good" and "really bad" that change. It's okay to be humble and think you suck, but don't talk yourself out of seeing yourself get better.

Cool gear is fun but do you really need booties so early? I know...too late, you already have 'em. But, it used to be commmon practice to introduce new things one at a time to see how they worked.
Just slow down. There are alot of us (particularly static line progression) who had very similar circumstances. Not me, but I have heard of those guys ;)
Rellly thoug, early in skydiving, a friend taught me to fall straight down. Simple in design difficult in practice. Then a few years ago another friend taught me to breathe in freefall. Something you don't think about but very important. It allows you to relax. I recommend starting with these. And be sure to have fun...on your back, on your head, under canopy, on yoru belly...it does not matter. Have fun!

I actually have taken things one at a time. The booties were the new things for me that were different. I have had tunnel time to work on my stability and had 6 tandems to work on my canopy. But the booties are really harder then what I thought they would be. I don't know why it was so easy the first time. But, I should be making another jump with an instrustor I am familiar with so we will work on tracking. So we will see how it goes. :P

Hang in there, your learning curve is about to get really steep and you are going to be surprised at how quickly you get better at RW. Hurry up and finish your training though, we need more RW fun jumpers at the DZ. ;) By the way, nice jump suit.

BS

"Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest" ~Samuel Clemens

MB#4300
Dudeist Skydiver #68