skydiverbry

Fury

What do ya need. Have lots.

THE FURY RULES!!!

Got mine as payment for a ride to Quincy 94.

I have a collapsible pilot chute on it, cross-connectors, CReW lines. It's hot.

It is very nice to jump a canopy that doesn't demand you to be razor sharp all the time.
HPDBs, I hate those guys.
AFB, charter member.

Well nothing really. I got one in a trade for a jump suit.Read up the specs. and manufacter. I have a guy coming off student status and not wanting to spend alot of $$ figured it may be a decent canopy for him.I never jumped one was wondering the flare characteristics.I never seen such heavy lines,16-braid Kevlar I beleive. Unkown jump# but in really good shape Has red"A" lines. Were they all CRW canopies?
Bry
--------------------------------------------------
Growing old is mandatory.Growing up is optional!!

D.S.#13(Dudeist Skdiver)

Class canopies of the DZ went from 7TU to PC to Star Star to Strato Cloud to Pegasus to Ravens to Fury to Sabre to Stiletto etc.

Furys were/are common fine canopies used by many many jumpers. For a newbie no more than 1:1, maybe not that much if it's tired.

BTW I assume the lines are dacron not kevlar. Original kevlar lines were only on a couple of canopies and I don't think Fury was one. Nope, just looked in a 1991 Paragear catalog and Kelvar was $45 option. IF it has kevlar which looked tan when new they should be changed. Those kevlar lines were strong but brittle and didn't last for long on mains and not much longer on reserves. They would break without warning signs.

They did make CRW versions. Normal versions may have had red a lines but CRW version had more reinforcing and a retractable PC.
I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE

Looks like Terry got the job done and answered all your Qs.

I agree with everything he said and would like to emphasize the 1:1 weight limit for new jumpers. I wouldn't put anyone new on a fury over .8.

They aren't all CReW canopies but they all have the ability to be used that way. Accuracy and CReW with 7-cell F-111 is on the way back. head down is on it's way out.;)

HPDBs, I hate those guys.
AFB, charter member.

I have a beautiful royal blue FURY 200 ( CRW Fury ) with grey ribs and stabilizers. Most Furi are 220's. This Fury is a 200, red decascaded A lines, retractable bag and pilot chute, cross connectors, etc....The nose is reinforced with kevlar. I don't see many people talking about Furies much these days. If anyone would be interested, I would let this canopy go cheap! It's in immaculate condition. I have put MAYBE 5 jumps on it and it has been bagged and in storage.

I have no complaints with mine yet. I just put a coupld of jumps an a new to me old fury 220, and I like it. As long as I am really paying attention I can have some really nice landings with that canopy
Divot your source for all things Hillbilly.
Anvil Brother 84
SCR 14192

Thanks guys.From talking to him his weight with gear would place him at 1:06 wingloading.
The reason I asked about it being a CRW is I looked in Poynter's manual and read it wrong,and assumed they were all CRW.
It must have been me,because at first glance they didn't appear to look like a Dacron line,in fact they seemed an awful lot thicker then any lines.Just me taking a quick glance instead or looking before typing.
Thanks again for the info
Bry
--------------------------------------------------
Growing old is mandatory.Growing up is optional!!

D.S.#13(Dudeist Skdiver)