scientist_chick

Basic Canopy Control Course in Spain?

I've just bought a new rig, I don't expect I'll be jumping it for a long time, but I would like to make the first steps towards using it by doing a basic canopy control course. I am looking to take a long weekend (Friday-Monday) so I'm thinking maybe Empuria or Lillo!

Does anyone highly recommend any good canopy coaches, I am very delicate and have had my confidence bashed so I would preferably like to have an understanding and patient instructor over an excellent canopy pilot that can't teach!!

Any ideas or personal recommendations?

Bruno and Reinier are the canopy control teachers in Empuria.
They certainly can teach, but will never sugarcoat anything...

I don't know about who does the coaching in Lillo, but certainly valuable people too.
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

Brian Vacher runs his Safe Flight School out of Lillo, he's a nice guy and also an AFF instructor so has plenty of teaching experience. From what I've heard the same goes for the canopy coach at Empuria but I can't remember his name.

Edited to add: Thanks Piishfish, Reinier is the name I was thinking of.

Gus
OutpatientsOnline.com

One of my mates has just got back from the canopy school at Empuria which Bruno and Reine (Sp) run, he reckons they were very good.

If they can teach that fat prick (Chip) to land on his feet they can teach anyone :ph34r:

www.fatboyzfly.com

"Life is a bowl of deadly nightshade, stay way way out on the rim brother"

I met Brian Vacher the coach at Lillo recently. He's happy to share all his experience, and has a great way of explaining things.
Lillo would be safer weather wise. Empuria has really bad wind days, which will most likely ground you at less than 400 jumps and will not be that great for a CC course.

I would recommend Brian Vacher in Lillo. While I was there in September the course was going on. I couldn't do it because I had to leave before it finished but I was watching and listening to some of the course and it was very thorough and professional. The weather in Lillo is more dependable and as well they have a HUGE and soft (ploughed fields) landing area which should ease any concerns you have about landing.