simplyputsi

Organizers

A lot of the time when I'm booked for an event, I'm told what level I am going to be working with. It's not always up to me, but to the club or business that is paying me to be there. If I'm booked to do large ways with experienced jumpers, I'll try to work with a lower experienced group also if that's acceptable to the boogie organizers.

At Hercules Boogies for example, the largest amount of organizers are allocated to the lowest experienced jumpers, as they are often not able to complete the larger dives.

There's a common misconception that the LO is provided as a target for inexperienced jumpers as part of the boogie fee. If you don't have the skills to be on the type of dive that the guest LO is doing, just work on your skills until you do, and you'll get your chance. Everyone's been there, including me. Once you clear that bar, you'll understand. Most pf the people I jump with on large ways are instructors and coaches, people who work all year round at drop zones creating new jumpers. They get to have time off and play too you know ;)

I also worked for DJan and found the highest compliment you could get from a newer jumper was "I didnt know I could do that " When you tell them it was only because home DZ guys wouldnt let you. You can only get better by trying then was the time to do it.I am also allowed to organize at Richmond, another place to have fun and no stress.

A lot of the time when I'm booked for an event, I'm told what level I am going to be working with. It's not always up to me, but to the club or business that is paying me to be there.

ahhh now this is a good post. Kind of my point. If a boogie is advertising the organizer, should they not advertise the organizers main objective?? If they already have an idea what they want you to work on, then they should advertise that.
Skymama's #2 stalker -

>If a boogie is advertising the organizer, should they not advertise the
>organizers main objective?

At big ones - definitely. At smaller ones - often that's not possible. They take whoever comes up.

>If they already have an idea what they want you to work on, then they should advertise that.

That's more appropriate to bigway, 4-way or freefly camps where they are working on specific skills. For fun jumping, the basics are generally well-known enough that it would be a bit redundant to list them all. I tried to do that in a thing I wrote for the WFFC; they publish it most years in the WFFC flyer. But I don't think most people read it.