DSE

Cool new canopy

Perhaps this belongs in Gear/Rigging...
Performance Designs built this new canopy for me, it's a Silhouette, but not really.
Due to the artwork, they had to mask the back of the art cuts, and so on the bottom, the canopy is three layers thick. It doesn't pack up any larger, not so you'd notice anyway.
What's really interesting is that it doesn't fly like my other Silhouettes. Perhaps since the bottom of the canopy is 2/3 ZP instead of F111, dunno. It's MUCH faster, has a lot more flare power, and makes me want to get another one. It also looks pretty sweet from the ground. With the sun shining through the white topskin, the colors of the logo are bright.
Huge thank you to Kolla, Kim, Sandy, and the gang, I'm amazed at how great it looks, how quickly they put it together, and how wonderfully it flies.

It's a cultural thing, but it has several meanings.
"As five-fingered humans, we are all the same"
Four colors of humanity
Four seasons
Birth, adolescence, adulthood, death
Four directions
Male, female, earth, sky
The four-colored hand has been my logo in all my music releases, film projects, and live performances, so it's somewhat recognized in certain circles.

My hope is to inspire the youth when they see this. Cultural pride means a lot to the kids. The hand is from my daughter's hand, painted by my son. The canopy is a 190. It's mostly for demos and special jumps, but I've now jumped it a dozen times, and want to jump it more.

Stop, Hi5, friendship shake, palm kung-fu, palm reading, etc

from all of the possibility out there you've chosen to free associate safe sex....
Interesting;)

I wonder what would Freud think about this :P

Lock, Dock and Two Smoking Barrelrolls!

Four colors of humanity

I can figure out which races black, red, and yellow would correspond with,
but which race of humanity is green?

Probably me :D

Aside from my confusion on that point , I think its a WAY COOL
concept

:)
__

My mighty steed

Wow!

How cool!

How big is it? I want it!:)

edited to add: Oh, 190 is a little on the big side, you can keep it. Post more pitcures of it?

:)

Relax, you can die if you mess up, but it will probably not be by bullet.

I'm a BIG, TOUGH BIGWAY FORMATION SKYDIVER! What are you?

Four colors of humanity

I can figure out which races black, red, and yellow would correspond with,
but which race of humanity is green?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Me is green ... when suffering food poisoning or airsickness.

Hey Douglas!

Happy to hear the canopy is flying great - and it looks beautiful! Thanks for posting the picture :)
Just a little FYi - the arwork is made using F-111, not ZeroP. It's brand new so it probably feels pretty slick still.

Enjoy the canopy - hope the demo went well!

Blue ones,
Kolla

Blue Skies Magazine

So the canopy is no different then stock aside from the extra layers of F111 used to construct the artwork?

Maybe it is faster and flies better due to the type R effect. Stick a type R sticker on a car and it instantly gains 20hp and corners like a son of a' gun. :ph34r:

"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

Yep you got it - the canopy is a standard Silhouette (same as stock - or custom colors for that matter), with artwork sewn on the bottom skin.

I wouldn't rule out the "type R sticker effect", although my guess is that the canopy knows how good looking it is, so it might fly with a little extra spunk because of that :P

Blue ones,
Kolla

Blue Skies Magazine

It's likely the extra layers of fabric that make it more stiff? Flying it alternating between my other Silhouette of identical size, it's significantly different. Love em' both, but I can get more response out of this canopy. DZO commented on the differences in landing characteristics as well.
Flew it for a demo, it sure gets a lot of comments.
re; colors; Green and white are interchangeable in traditional color schemes. Green for summer, white for winter...Therefore I guess green represents the Caucasian cultures.;)

Weird, we have some triathlons at our dz with a full logo on them, also on an extra layer on the bottom skin. I'd have pegged those as "sluggish-er" than original tri's. They do look cool though ;)

They aren't very nice to pack though, they feel heavy.

ciel bleu,
Saskia