freeflychris

Post your malfunction pics

The Perris, Oregon, and San Diego reserve rides were all spinning line twists with the links un-even. This mean you either were not even in the harness, or it was mis-adjusted. You can harness shift to make the links even to stop the spinning, which takes spinning line twists too simple,and fix-able line twists.

Derek

will video suffice?

How'd the close call video happen? Track up the flight line or something? That was scary to watch - like, "Damn! Falling bodies everywhere!"

the close call was due to not enough exit separation from the 4 way behind us. I'm filming an 8way team, dumped in place and turned the canopy 90 off the line of flight. Out of habit (from it happening before) I start looking for the group that got out behind us. What do you know, they somehow ended up above us. The lens doesn't do justice, I could see the eye's of one of the gals as she tracked over me. Had they taken the dive lower, I'm sure there would have been a 5way collision. It scared the hell outa me.
my pics & stuff!

Derek,
While I agree with most of your theory, I do not think it is the whole story.

The canopy has uneven pressuization in the second video.
The left riser is higher because that side has more inflation than the lower, right side.

The rotation on the line twist is opposite that what you would see with just a riser lower than the other.

To me, it looks like a Velo.(again, using only the second video)

Try setting the brakes about 2 inches deeper than stock and you should see some improvement in this area.

With the other two videos, I also believe as you do as to the uneven theory.

Cheers,
MEL
Skyworks Parachute Service, LLC
www.Skyworksparachuteservice.com

oh yep hew saw the gear.

When I first explained him what happened he opened his eyes as wide as mine were when I saw the numer on the runway getting bigger and bigger.

When he saw the video he told me : You're a lucky bastard.

I love to talk to Colin, always a sh*tload to learn from him. This Easter we were talking about my mal and Mike Holmes's mal. He told me : You know, last year you should have been dead. Well Mike should have been even more dead than you.
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

OK, you win! That is, seriously, the scariest malfunction pic I've seen.

Could you imagine being in a situation where you needed a hook knife and find yourself thinking "I might die because I was to cheap to buy the metal knife". Screw that.

And yet, I'm to cheap to buy and AAD.

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so."

With this personal screw up (not a mal) I have gained a huge amount of respect for a sport that could take me out in a millisecond, I dropped my guard and "Murphy" got me, funny thing is that I was in bed early the night before was not hung over therefore I was on top of my game. What the F#%k.