Shahzaib616

Skydiving at 16

Hey, guys! I'm a little new to the sport of skydiving and am actually very enthusiastic about getting involved. The only issue, however, is the one I have already stated in the title: I am currently only sixteen years old. Sadly. this means that many of the schools and drop-zones I have read about will not permit me to dive for two more years.

Fortunately for me, though, there have been some articles posted online about certain drop-zones lowering the age requirement and permitting sixteen year-olds to dive with parental consent. This is great, but all of the articles I have read that mention this fail to reference any specific drop-zones within the United States that hold this policy.

Does anyone here know of any drop-zones within the United States (preferably in or around Georgia, Florida, Alabama, Tennessee, and South Carolina) the permit sixteen year-olds to go skydiving with parental consent?

Thanks!
Shahzaib

You can go through the static-line training program at age 16, IIRC. Check the list of dropzones shown at the link along the top of the page in the black bar and do the research on which ones offer static line training.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

http://skydivekingair.com/

give these guys a call

That was going to be my suggetion as well. I did a tandem there back in about '99. If memory serves me correctly, there was a kid on the plane younger than sixteen jumping. Also, I have heard from friends that jumped there recently that their facilities are extremely nice (as well as the people).
---------------------------------------------------

http://www.myspace.com/rave4funn

Anyone find it Ironic that Mike Mullens is on the BOD of the USPA

He's on the BOD because he was voted there by the masses. A lot of the old-school members of the BOD won't say it publicly, but they probably wish he wasn't. :P

We need more forward-thinking people like Mike on the BOD. :)
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I made my first jump on my 16th birthday way back in 76. Of course I had to have my parents permission at the time but had no trouble getting it as I was a permanent fixture at the DZ since I was 7. And no, neither one of them has ever jumped!:)

I did my first static line jump pretty much on my 16th birthday, but because of financial restraints and a expedition i couldnt afford to continue, i am however doing more later this summer,

My point is that at 16 you may not have enough money to progress at a reasonable pace, think it out and if you have the right income definately go for it!