Melissa76

Nervous energy - FJC tomorrow - gaaah!

Happy Friday Everyone,

Just needed to vent some nervous energy before my FJC tomorrow morning. Although I've had 4 tandems I'm still pretty nervous....I'm totally in awe of those who go right to AFF! Anyway, I've expressed before on this forum that I'm a bit nervous about flying my own parachute and landing in the right spot but I'm guessing that's why they talk to newbies in the helmet! I'm definitely excited and it looks like in my neck of the woods (MN/WI) it should be beautiful jumping conditions - hope the same is true for you!

Blue skies....-Mel :-)

Hey Melissa....
Wow, first jump course tomorrow? Where are you jumping? I see you are from Woodbury so I can only guess your jumping at Skydive Twin Cities and it just so happens I'm gonna be your instructor tomorrow :)Its understandable to be nervous but you'll see that after class you'll be more confident because of all the stuff your gonna learn...
See ya tomorrow!!!
Scooter

If God wanted man to stay on the ground.
He would of put roots on them instead of feet.
loving life
GO-N-UP

Ha Scooter - very cool! What, did you start skydiving when you were 5?! Looks like it keeps ya' young so now that I'm in my 30s I need the help:)
Definitely looking forward to tomorrow and I see from your experience I'll be in very good hands. Thanks in advance! I guess tonight isn't the night to get crunked but tomorrow may be a different story:ph34r:

Yeah, not a good night to go out and get wasted.... lol... but you should bring a tent out to the dropzone because we have camping and bon fires on Friday and Saturday night, we usally know how to have fun...
If God wanted man to stay on the ground.
He would of put roots on them instead of feet.
loving life
GO-N-UP

I made 4 tandems before I started my FJC. I was really nervous too - esecially about flying my parachute. In fact I still get butterflies from time to time.

One thing I can tell you - the first jump with your own parachute is an AMAZING experience. You'll be surprised at how much you remember too. ;)

Good luck and have a great time.

For what it's worth, your 4 tandems have given you the freefall time that I had after my first 20 jumps. That will help you a lot. In past times, people were trained successfully with much less sophisticated methods than are in place today. You will have great instructors and a great environment to learn in. Enjoy. :)
Kevin