CornishChris

Deployment Sequence

I put together this set of stills from of a friends deployment sequence - reasonably pleased with it and thought I would share - bear in mind that I have only done about 6 stills jumps.

I haven't quite got the transitions between the different pictures nailed yet but it is OK...

Any comments?

CJP

Gods don't kill people. People with Gods kill people

Dunno if its just me mate but I cant see the pics. When I click the link the window opens but with just a picture placeholder and no pics...
To know requires proof
To believe requires evidence
To have faith requires neither.
If you stick with that, we'll never be confused again

Looks really cool, and i'ts a great idea to do a sequence pic of deployment. I've never seen it done before!

It would rock even more if you couldn't see that the background is photoshopped. Is there any way you can cut out the jumper and his chute more neatly?

Here is a link to the site of a friend of mine who did a sequence shot of a basejump. The jumper in that picture appears pretty small as well so you should be able to do that also.

http://www.southsidebase.de/50144396410eb1349/50144396410eb1a4c/53531197750a9000b/index.html#
I can't link the picture directly... it's the one on the top right.

I'm already a fan! I love sequence shots on a singe background! :)
Edit: you might wanna try a faster shutter speed if possible so the outlines of the jumper will be a bit clearer. That might make it easier to cut out the jumper...

Not sure why it isn't opening for some people...

I am planning to do it again and actually just cut the jumper out - I rushed it a bit last night. I can then lay the jumper directly onto one background making it an easier shot.

The shutter speed is pretty fast but he is already zoomed in a bit. As I said this is only my 5th stills jump...

I will have another go tonight and post the results.

CJP

Looks really cool. I shot these on film a couple years ago and i thought about trying again and doing something like what you have for an AFF class. I think i will just use yours:D;)

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.

right.

I have had another go at this. Instead of just cutting a square round each shot and then piecing them together I have careful cut out each one around the body, lines & canopy and overlaid them on the final shot. It works much better and I am really pleased with it although it is fucking time consuming. The version I am uploading is a little blurry due to the size constraints.

Not sure what the time is - I think about 2.5/3 a second.

CJP

When does a collapsible pilotchute get un-cocked during the deployment sequence? I thought it was after the canopy gets out of the dbag and pulls on the kill line.. why is it that in the picture 4/6 the pilotchute is still big and flying?

BTW, that picture is awesome!.
..I think i got addicted to putting together a sequence of pictures myself.. it just looks so cool. (check out my landing sequence pics :P)

right.

I have had another go at this. Instead of just cutting a square round each shot and then piecing them together I have careful cut out each one around the body, lines & canopy and overlaid them on the final shot. It works much better and I am really pleased with it although it is fucking time consuming. The version I am uploading is a little blurry due to the size constraints.

That's pretty damn sharp!! Good stuff!
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

I used the lasso tool on photoshop where you click on a point and then the next all the way round. I then copied the layer and dropped it into the master picture of the sky. If the edges were then looking a little rough I used a background eraser to neaten them up. I then moved them around to where they were in the original shots.

Pretty pleased.

CJP

right.

not thats looks freaking great , nice capture
SO this one time at band camp.....

"Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most."

wow!
really nice job on the picture!

I swear I would not mind to pay your jump ticket to have a picture like that... but you would need to pay for my plane ticket 1st ;)

good job!

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org
PMS#551
I love my life :)