Surferd00d

AFF Lvl 2 and 3 out of the way :)

Well I passed levels 2 and 3 today, overall I felt satisfied with my performance, jumping out of a perfectly good Airplane now feels a liiiiiitle bit easier hehe...

Lvl 2 - Started off pretty sloppy when I de arched upon jumping, took my a few extra seconds to finally get in a good body position and maintain control, my left and right turns went well, had enough time to do one more right turn, and I started to feel myself spinning a little and by that time I was about 6100ft so I just locked on till 5500 and pulled, had a really smooth and soft landing.

Lvl 3 - Great jump, I really stressed my hips to get a good arch, when the instructor let go things went pretty smooth, I started to get a little wobbly, the instructors said my form was good but I was still pretty stiff and I just need to relaaaaax... my landing wasn't too good though, landed about 100meters north of where I was supposed to land, and I flared a little too early so I had a little bit of a drop hehe...

I was gonna do 4 today but my instructors suggested the wind tunnel, they said it will help me out a great deal because its a relaxed atmosphere and if I do well there then I can go straight to lvl 5, plus there was a student who just got back from the wind tunnel and he was all stoked about how much more confident he felt... so I figured what the heck, I need all the help I can get.

So yeah next Saturday is the wind tunnel session, and hopefully by Sunday I will be done with Lvl 8 and then some :)

awesome stuff mate - glad to hear you got some progress done this weekend - I got a let down on thurs, friday and saturday due to crap weather and blustery winds on saturday.

Sunday made up for it though - got console 3 & 4 out the way and will be heading back up the wkend coming to get my consoles finished up.

Even pro-packing my own canopies now too and jumped on them :D

cool that you have a wind tunnel to get some practise in though - wish I had that lol!

my consoles are a right laff though now - good time to practise stuff but you also start to feel really aware of where you are, what your doing, your ability to sort yourself out in the sky and land. Its ALL good :D

grats dude, sorry i wasnt there for it. yeah that wind tunnel helped me out a ton, i failed my lvl 3 and Mark took me to the tunnel and it was like day and night at that point. the rest was simple. i did a 4/5 after the tunnel and it was all easy. well ill definately be there this weekend for the excel camp and since its my last weekend for 2 weeks. hope to see ya there bud.
JewBag.
www.jewbag.wordpress.com