waltappel

New BSR: Who Gets to Land Closest?

>But non-swoopers frequently aren't helping, and that behavior is
>starting to erode their current moral high ground.

?? Neither "side" has any "moral high ground." Both swoopers and non-swoopers have been killed by incompatible-pattern collisions.

I understand your proposal is to force swoopers to upsize to 240 sq ft 7 cells, and then to force them to purchase entire otter loads (one for their jump, and one for the 'regular' jumpers to make up for the insult of swoopers existing) and then jump out 10 miles from the DZ at 2000 ft. Followed by being sprayed in sewage at the end of every swoop.

I don't like a couple aspects of that proposal. It seems to favor accuracy jumpers. Perhaps we should try education before implementing red hot irons torture of DZOs.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

...I understand your proposal is to force swoopers to upsize to 240 sq ft 7 cells, and then to force them to purchase entire otter loads (one for their jump, and one for the 'regular' jumpers to make up for the insult of swoopers existing) and then jump out 10 miles from the DZ at 2000 ft. Followed by being sprayed in sewage at the end of every swoop...
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
This is overkill. Being sprayed after every jump would become an administrative & procedural nightmare. Once at the end of the day is sufficient.

Personally, I like to fly around in brakes and watch everyone else land first. That's a neat view up there, one of the reasons I started jumping in the first place. Why are so many people in such a hurry to get to the ground?

Cheers,
Jon S.

I've posted on this several time before. everyone knods their heads in agreement when we talk about separating landing areas for standard approach and high performance landings. Everyone agrees that we don't want to die- but we'll be dipped in shit if we'll walk 100 extra yards or give up that opportunity to impress the wufos. Not an issue here- I'll walk every time

I remember once being at a DZ that just had a death due to a canopy collision......I suggested afterwards that maybe the 2nd field should be used for the swooping/HP landing area and I showed some reasons why with prevailing winds and overlapping patterns. I was told at the end of the conversation "do you really think xxx and xxx jumper will walk that far back to the hanger...how could they do back to backs anymore?" I suggested a DZ truck to pick them up thus getting them back even quicker....but that idea was overruled for other reasons.

So yes, I think a lot of it comes down to how far someone wants to walk back...at least that it what it used to be when I was a full time jumper, but I doubt much has changed.