countzero

with the year half over, how are your skydiving goals going?

the year is half over. how is everyone doing on thier skydiving goals? i couldn't find the 07 skydiving goals post for refrence. if someone could and make it clicky, i'd much appreciate it.

i'll go first:

get my own gear- still working and saving.
get B- still need to do water training and a few more accuray landings.
start learning freefly- this one getting ammended to: improve RW skills and maybe get into CRW.
diamonds are a dawgs best friend

Well, I'm having an awful lot of fun. Today I had the best skydive, so far.
I was on an eight way. We formed a round as we went through a cloud, broke into two rounds, spun the pieces, and back to a round as we left the cloud.

I was screaming,"Beautiful!"

Federal Aviation Regulation
Part 105 PARACHUTE OPERATIONS
Subpart B--Operating Rules
Sec. 105.17
Flight visibility and clearance from cloud requirements.

No person may conduct a parachute operation, and no pilot in command of an aircraft may allow a parachute operation to be conducted from that aircraft—
(a) Into or through a cloud, or

Since it's the PILOT who's ticket gets pulled for infractions, and I'm sure your pilot wouldn't let you go in violation of an FAR, lemme just do a little editing for ya....

..... Well, I'm having an awful lot of fun. Today I had the best skydive, so far.
I was on an eight way. We formed a round as we went through "some industrial haze", broke into two rounds, spun the pieces, and back to a round as we left the "industrial haze"

I was screaming,"Beautiful!" .......

Congrats on your best skydive to date. :):)
Cheers.
Larry

'In an insane society a sane person seems insane.' Mr. Spock

Well, I've done 100++ jumps this year so far, got my AFF rating, my D license, and 500 jumps all within the last two weeks. Also paid off my student loans to my new Javelin will be ordered in the next couple of weeks too. It's been a GREAT skydiving year so far!

Do or do not, there is no try -Yoda

I continue to have fun filming tandems on weekends. I have competed at Canopy Piloting Nationals here and took three silver medals. I bought a back to back rig. Did my 800th jump, and as of yesterday officially own a x-brace canopy. So pretty styling thank you. :)

Advertisio Rodriguez / Sky

I am doing pretty good so far!

140 jumps since this season started. I have earned my C license (but haven't sent away for it).

I have really improved my RW skill but I still have a long way to go.

My canopy skills have gone way up, and I took a Scott Miller course and hope to take some more.

To ammend my goals for the rest of the year:
-Hit 500 jumps and earn my D license by the end of the year.
-Get proficient at flying my new pc350 and getting good safe video.
-Earn my coach rating and use it.
-Get some formal CReW coaching.
-Learn to sew so I can start making skydiving goodies.

:)
I already have some goals for the 2008 season too... airspeed or other rw coaching, bigway skills camp. :)

"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

Fucking shitty... only 3 jumps all year, what with a toddler to look after and a major kitchen overhaul job at home...

I'll finally get out again tomorrow, and the weather had better cooperate! :|

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Here were mine:

1. Get my C license.
2. Do something bigger than an 8 way.
3. Go to the WFFC.
4. Sell house, quit job, move about 130 miles east, find job, buy house. And yes, that's skydiving related! It would put me near the dz and eliminate the 2 hour each way commute I make every weekend, and yes, it's every weekend.
5. Start doing CReW

1) C license--Yep
2) Bigger than an 8 way--Yep
3) WFFC--Obviously that's not going to happen but its not my fault!
4) The house has been on the market for about 2 1/2 months so I'm still working on this one.
5) CReW--Hopefully this weekend!

I guess I'm doing alright.

This was going to be a year of remaining super current and focusing on my swooping,alas broke my back my back in march and have only returned to the air recently,much to the dismay of my osteopath..now i'm comfronted with freak weather.....:S

.CHOP WOOD COLLECT WATER.

well, as much as I begged and pleaded they refuse to let me jump from a helicopter. I did buy a lifetime membership to uspa though. I guess I could say my goal for this year is to save up 4000 ONLY for jump tickets. That would leave me 10 short of 500 jumps. Oh that and buy some new gear. Sucks none of my goals can actually include jumping [:/]

I may not agree with what you have to say but i'll defend to the death your right to say it.

the year is half over. how is everyone doing on thier skydiving goals? i couldn't find the 07 skydiving goals post for refrence. if someone could and make it clicky, i'd much appreciate it.

i'll go first:

get my own gear- still working and saving.
get B- still need to do water training and a few more accuray landings.
start learning freefly- this one getting ammended to: improve RW skills and maybe get into CRW.

Will let you know at the end of the week.;)

>>1)have a total of 100 jumps before September 30, as that was the date of my first jump.

>>2)get A.

1) forget it. Bad weather, social obligations to whuffos and a sprained ankle are conspiring against me. I'm stuck at 55 until at least the end of July.

2) I just might...
"That formation-stuff in freefall is just fun and games but with an open parachute it's starting to sound like, you know, an extreme sport."
~mom

I have no goals for me in skydiving. I have done almost everything I ever wanted. I am on track to do my average # of jumps (450). I am making a little more then in past years doing video. I am making more at rigging. My turns are faster then ever. My swoops are longer. I am spending more time at the DZ. But these were not my goals in the sport.

My goals in the sport revolve around the newbs on my DZ. I work very very hard to help and encourage the new jumpers. I have helped them with gear (new rigs or fixing old). I have helped them with jumping (tunnel in March). I have helped them with canopy skills (swooping and CReW). We now have a new team, a new group of hot young skydivers. We also have at least one other team and a few alternates. My goals with them is to make them as good as they can be.

I find that my skills do not suffer because of the time I spend with low timers. I find that I push myself harder then ever, to show them by example how to get er done.

The small 3 Cessna DZ that is my home will field at least two perhaps three 4-way teams at the next NSL meet. we are going to nationals and doing both 4 and 8-way (16 could even happen).

My goals in the sport, are to lock in the future, by locking in others. By doing this, I make my future (and all of yours)much much brighter. I think things are going well.

I guess you'll have to ask the new people from my DZ how my goals for 07 are going
HPDBs, I hate those guys.
AFB, charter member.

I wanted to have my A by now, but because of mental blocks followed by health issues, I haven't been able to be in the air as much as I'd like to be.
But its all good, I still get to jump, and I still improve and learn with each jump, so I'll deal with it.
:)

1. Get my A license
Done
2. Get a rig
Done
3. Improve my canopy skills
2 Scott Miller classes & a lot of Hop n' Pops for practice. Definetly feel better under canopy
4. 100+ jumps
Over halfway there.
5. Try some freeflying
Have done 3 jumps where I successfully did some sitflying.
6. Have fun
Always do.
7. Bring someone else into the sport
Still trying
8. Get some tunnel time along the way
Still trying to get time off to travel to one.
Muff Brother #4026
Loco Zapatos Rodriguez
SCR #14793

Well my goal this year was to get back into skydiving after 3 years away - which I have done! I have also bought my own custom kit, which is a bonus!
To know requires proof
To believe requires evidence
To have faith requires neither.
If you stick with that, we'll never be confused again

My goals are pretty straight forward.

1. Get proficient at headdown. I am starting to get the basic jist of it but I need quite a bit of work.
2. Get a few more pictures into parachutist.
3. Compete at Nationals in 4-way.
4. Get my AFFI Rating.

1. Haven't had the time yet - :(
2. I am trying, but I have mostly been doing tandem video so I haven't been getting a ton of cool pictures.
3. Not going to happen.
4. This one I feel pretty confident about. I have been doing air skills work and ground skills work with an AFF I/E all summer. I paid for my course, just need to not fuck up.
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

-Remain uninjured
-Get to the tunnel at least once
-Get in 150+ jumps
-Get my B license
-Skyfest = helicopter jump
-Meet alot more awesome people

1. So far so good.
2. Year isn't over yet, will go sometime later.
3. I've already done 150 jumps this year
4. I've already gotten my C
5. doesn't look like there will be one at skyfest
6. New ones every week.

My goals changed a little bit, i've started working on getting my rigger's ticket, and should also have my Coach rating this fall.

well, i wanted to get into skydiving and do my aff.
-done-
get license by end of year.
-working on it-

i'm a bit worried about the second point, so far summer hasnt really been that good this year. but there's hope!

have plenty of job offers at the moment, some might even pay for my own rig. altough thats something i wanted to do next year..
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

Thanks for the link to the 2007 goals thread.

Based on what I originally posted I'm doing ok.

Off the pace a little to finish the year with my D license, it'll be close.

I did however get my coach rating, which wasn't on my list. It does contribute to my desire to influence safety at the drop zone. It wasn't 10 minutes after I got the rating when they had me teaching part of a first jump course.

I've jumped at a couple of new DZs, including some non-DZs (beach jumps)

The best part is that I feel like I'm making friends at the DZ. The worst part is that I lost a friend who was killed by another jumper in a canopy collision. It makes me want to be part of that solution.

The remainder of the year is looking good. I'm planning on going to the tunnel with a coach next week followed by a day of jumping. Should be good.

All in all, it's shaping up to be a good year, tempered with the memory of a lost friend, mentor, teacher.

THAT OTHERS MAY LIVE.

MH

- Do a whole bunch of RW camps
- Get my own rig
- Go to canopy piloting school
- Attend my first boogie
- Get a B License
- Jump the Jet at Perris
- Learn everything I can
- Get a 10 - 15% increase in salary so that I can afford the above...

... And stay safe (should go without saying).

- Do a whole bunch of RW camps - I've done a lot of 4-way (air and tunnel), but not too many camps.
- Get my own rig - DONE
- Go to canopy piloting school - DONE
- Attend my first boogie - DONE
- Get a B License - Still haven't. I don't care too much about that anymore.
- Jump the Jet at Perris - DONE
- Learn everything I can - ONGOING
- Get a 10 - 15% increase in salary so that I can afford the above. - I got an increase, but not 15%
- Stay safe - ONGOING (so far so good)

It doesn't seem that long ago but I had 28 jumps when I posted my goals for 2007. Looking at my jump numbers makes it feel sooo much longer.
Peace cannot be kept by force; it can only be achieved by understanding.