hackish

The pointy end of raindrops...

If the conditions are safe to land I jump. Rain, some snow, some ice, some hail. Of course having a double layer jumpsuit for such occasions and a full face helps. :D

Don't forget the front of your neck from the collar of the jumpsuit to the helmet. Too many skydivers leave that exposed. After going through layers of clouds, they come back as rednecks. :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

*** I feel like someone is feeding me a line as I'm the DZs newbie. The guy said that it sucks to dive in the rain because you end up hitting the pointy end of the raindrops and it really hurts.

This was the funniest thing I have EVER read!! LMAO!!! I totally didn't know what to believe... I thought "yeah, I guess that DOES make sense!"... ha ha! Anyway, I found this:

http://www.newton.dep.anl.gov/askasci/phy99/phy99220.htm

If the conditions are safe to land I jump....hail

Be careful with hail!! Some old timers at my dz will tell you of a jump that ended up being a hail jump. It hurt their faces/necks so badly many of them rolled over onto their backs. One of them hit a hail piece so large it actually bent their reserve pin!!! Just a tad bit - but that's not something you want to jump in!

There is no can't. Only lack of knowledge or fear. Only you can fix your fear.

PMS #227 (just like the TV show)

One of them hit a hail piece so large it actually bent their reserve pin!!! Just a tad bit - but that's not something you want to jump in!

Imagine one of those to the bean bag!!! I wasn't being so literal that I meant I just in thunderstorms with huge hail storms, but the warning is definetly noted! :P
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

Raindrops are round. They only have a pointy end when someone draws a pic of them. Take a look at an actual photo oa a real raindrop. BUT, they still hurt like hell when you hit them at 120 mph. Ever ridden a motorcycle at 75 in a hail storm? That hurts like hell too. You'll be looking for a place to hide.

I may be getting old but I got to see all the cool bands.

Yep... ever jumped off a diving board and hit the water at the wrong angle and it hurts like a motherfucker? Water may be fluid, but it can bitchslap you in any size. :P

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban