illusioneer

What happened to landing a wing suit?

we had a guy pull into our DZ in NZ a couple of years ago with plans to land a wing suit.

He had 600 jumps total and 300 wingsuit jumps.

He need someone to sign his gear off but no one was willing to put thier name on his card. he had it all lined up with his landing slope and everything.

his plan was to tuck into a ball upon landing, we all laughed at him and we never saw him again!!!

Gee i wonder why.

I would think it would be possible if you had ski jumping skis attached somehow or another but it would take some serious balls for the firs attempt.

Bags not!!!!
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

you know that airbag system NASA used to land on Mars might be used. Just before you go splat you pull a chord to inflate the big balls and go for a long bounce... hhmmmmmmm could be a whole new sportB|B|

instead of skydiving, that would be earthbouncing!
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

Re: [FallingDuck] Ever busted a bigmouth? [In reply to] Quote | Reply

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just stay quiet, don’t even mention I am a skydiver and let them have their illusions if that is what they need to fulfill themselves.

A little compassion - we all have our issues and hang ups.

It's like that time I landed a birdman on the tip of an elephants trunk with no parachute and my eyes closed! Man, that was so cool when I did dat!

Read the boards....It has already been done:D:D
Think of how stupid the average person is and realize that statistically half of them are stupider than that.

you know that airbag system NASA used to land on Mars might be used. Just before you go splat you pull a chord to inflate the big balls and go for a long bounce... hhmmmmmmm could be a whole new sportB|B|

The problem will still be the G-force generated by the landing, or rather, the bounce. Human bodies can only take so much.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

instead of skydiving, that would be earthbouncing!

Nono, it's only a different way to end a skydive. The usual way is parachuting.

;)
Relax, you can die if you mess up, but it will probably not be by bullet.

I'm a BIG, TOUGH BIGWAY FORMATION SKYDIVER! What are you?

Luigi Cani told me that they can not find funding for the $5million dollars they need for whatever it is they needed built but were still trying to get this funding.

Apparently they only were able to get a single million together.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

The thing is, I don't see what's the advantage of jumping without a rig.
I think this is a challenge which will be very hard to accomplish but even if it is done, I don't think it will ever generalize to all wingsuit jumpers and stuff.
There are some very compact rigs that you don't really feel already. They are quite safe, it's a repeatable process, etc...
IMO those who think that in the future every wingsuit jump will be done without a rig is a dreamer :P

It's illegal to jump without a rig in the US. It's not illegal not to deploy your parachute. I'd imagine that in order to avoid getting the pilot in trouble, if a wingsuit is landed on purpose without a deployed parachute in the US, there will be a rig on the jumper's back.

Otherwise you go through too many pilots

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

It's illegal to jump without a rig in the US. It's not illegal not to deploy your parachute. I'd imagine that in order to avoid getting the pilot in trouble, if a wingsuit is landed on purpose without a deployed parachute in the US, there will be a rig on the jumper's back.

Otherwise you go through too many pilots

Wendy W.

That is, if they exit from a plane. ;)

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

t's illegal to jump without a rig in the US. It's not illegal not to deploy your parachute.

This sounds kinda funna W, like saying suicide is illegal, but it is not to shoot yourself in the head...

Ahhh, the justice system...
Mykel AFF-I10
Skydiving Priorities: 1) Open Canopy. 2) Land Safely. 3) Don’t hurt anyone. 4) Repeat…