Melissa76

First Solo Landing

Hello,

Just had to make a post as I finally made my first solo landing after 6 tandems over the past year and two weeks of nerves and waiting for good weather to do my AFF Cat B (I passed A with a working tandem). The experience was absolutely awesome and I can't wait to do my Cat C in the coming week. Thanks to everyone at Skydive Twin Cities for making this truly a memorable experience!

Blue Skies, Melissa :)

Would you say that the tandems helped you in the skills needed to preform on your solo, and if so how in particular did they help?
Mykel AFF-I10
Skydiving Priorities: 1) Open Canopy. 2) Land Safely. 3) Don’t hurt anyone. 4) Repeat…

The tandems helped me become more comfortable in the air and it's my belief that every skydiver is very different in that way. Some people can go straight to AFF and it's the best thing for 'em.....for me I think that route would not have been wise. It took me awhile to be able to control my fear factor and that would have gotten in the way of everything else. So, when people post about that topic there's no one right answer although I guess if someone is quite anxious like I was in the beginning, I don't see why the tandem option wouldn't be strongly considered.

I plan to go back for my Cat C this week and will do my best to make weekly jumps.....and I'll definitely buy a case of beer once I pass AFF! I'm very thankful for everyone who responds to questions on this forum....the constructive feedback has really been helpful!

The tandems helped me become more comfortable in the air...

And therein lies one of the major benefits of doing a tandem first.

Congrats on your accomplishment!
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239