Problem with contacts on skydives?

Have you ever had a contact come out of your eye not because of wind passing past the goggle but because of high speed freefall (controlled or uncontrolled) spins? Or spins under a skyboard?

thanks
Looks like a death sandwich without the bread - Steve Deadman Morrell, BASE 174

what's your frame of reference? lol, just kidding.

You have more danger of your contacts coming out due to winds causing your eyes to water, etc than from rotational forces popping them out.

the rotational forces would probably have to be high enough to actually pop your EYES out (eew)...but that won't happen because at that point your eyelids will be closed because you will have GLOCed. ;)

I jump with contacts, wearing an oxygn A3 helmet. Make sure your contacts are fitted correctly! this is the most important factor for keeping them in your eyes, My helmt lets in some wind, but it doesn't worry me, since i have well-fitted lenses that stay in.

Never meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!

I may have the opportunity in the next couple years to do an ultrahigh skydive (>50000 feet) wearing a pressure suit. The issue of a flat spin at high altitudes is significant since it killed a couple Russian jumpers years ago due to red out. There have been cases of jumpers going out of control on skyboards who spun so hard that they burst vessels in the eyes due to the g-forces. I may have to utilize a Beaupre system to provide a series of drogues to put me feet to Earth until the atmospheric pressure becomes suitable for any significant amount of control.

>I may have to utilize a Beaupre system to provide a series of drogues
>to put me feet to Earth until the atmospheric pressure becomes suitable
>for any significant amount of control.

I would suggest a few things:

1) A drouge will slow you down to the same indicated airspeed it would at 5000 feet, and thus you will have the same amount of control you would at 5000 feet. Same for drougeless fall.

2) Many of the spin problems were due to high altitude jumpers not knowing how freefall skydiving works and/or not being able to arch (or sitfly) in the pressure suit. One is solvable, the other may not be.

3) Drouges stop pitching and rolling but not yawing, and most of the G-related problems I've heard about involve rapid spins around the yaw axis.

Yes, I know all this. I need to be feet to Earth. The jump would be free for me for various reasons. Much higher altitudes than 50000 feet are the goal.

Has anyone lost their contacts in a high speed spin for a reason not due to winds so far as you can tell?