nakedfool

The Skydive Addiction

Okay...you are a freak! I never wore my rig around the house. I did have sex in the canopy once. Bonus; it was partner assisted sex!

Seriously, have fun with it. Whe this wears off you will probably be phasing into the social aspects of the sport. Just kinda works that way.

I did have sex in the canopy once. Bonus; it was partner assisted sex!

I thought you werent supposed to smoke around your canopy!
Mykel AFF-I10
Skydiving Priorities: 1) Open Canopy. 2) Land Safely. 3) Don’t hurt anyone. 4) Repeat…

I completely agree. I just graduated college and I took my AFF class over the summer and did all my jumps then.

Problem is now I started my fulltime job and I think about skydiving ALLLLL DAY LONG!

I'm already an obsessive person but this has just taken it to a new level. I talk about it constently to my friends and family, and I just want to learn everything I can and jump all day long.

In fact I havn't jumped in a week and a half, and I'm counting down the days till Saturday so I can go!

It's nice to see other people are struggling with the obsession too!

With only 38 jumps I'm really on the same level as you and I have experianced and ame experianceing (sp?) the same ting.

I did a tandem and 3 AFF jumpt last fall but had to stop because the season ended ( I jump in Michigan). I'm prettly sure I thought about skydiving ALL WINTER daily. Probably due to the adreneline causing a PTSD like effect resulting in the constant memories of my previous jumps.

However now with a couple of dozen jumps under my belt, whie the sensory overload of my first jumps have long since past I still find myself searching DZ.com and thinking about my previous dives.

This would probably be classified as an "obsession" at least in my case. Thank god for an understanding wife!

Im in the fire brigade and have managed to join the brigade team and get a rig of them but all day every day it's on my mind my whafor mates keep telling me to shut up about jumping and in 2 years im planning to rent my house out and go travelling till i find a dz that will give me a job WOOHOO

Had the same problem when I got my new container... I think I wore it for a week straight around the house. I think the problem is that when your new like me you know your dealing with a new shiny thing, but you don't know what you can do with it at home so instead you just wear it around cause that's the only thing you know how to do with it.

Some suggestions come to mind (more important for newbies like me!)

1) put the rig on the ground and walk through the deployment sequence. pull the pc out and pull out the dbag and walk it up in front of the container.

*Doing this I noticed I inadvertently had a tendency to twist my dbag (and I was wondering why I always had 1 line twist!)

2) Undo and redo the 3 ring hookups and RSL.

*Previous to doing this myself unassisted a few times, I was sure I'd twist my riser or do something else stupid like accidentally deploy the reserve.

3) hang up your canopy and walk through each of the cells. Also do a full continuity check on the lines. Count the lines! Look how they attach, cascade, etc, etc. *When I came back from landing with a step through the other weekend after picking up the canopy I knew exactly what was going on where (or at least I knew enough to ask and get more help!)

4) Learn how to put your container on right. I had problems sitting to low in harness initially and general comfort. What I was told was: put on rig (don't tighten anything!) Tighten chest strap while postioning the right high on your shoulders (comfortably). Now while hunched over tighten leg straps. *Made a world of difference for me!

5) Pack pack pack!!! I'm totally lucky that in my temporary location right now I get to jump with some kickass people -- the thing is they'll be packed up before I even get from the landing area. Speeding up my packing (without compromising safety) is making it so I'm less of a chore for the entire group (which can range from anywhere from 4 to 16 on any given jump -- did I mention I love my adopted DZ? :) )

Again as I said before, I'm a newbie too so I hope others with more experience weigh in with the merits of my "ideas".

*Oh yea since I know someone will say it -- after you fiddle with your gear -- since you don't really know what your doing yet, get it checked out before you jump it and find yourself flying backwards -- I'm sure the vets can tell some stories about this*
-Patrick