diverdriver

C-182 crash, Texas about July 10th

I've seen the photos. This most certainly is not a taxi incident. If the DZO truly told this person such a story they are lying through their teeth.

Isn't it about time you shared those photos with the rest of the people here, so they can see for themselves? What's the web reference?

Calling someone a liar is mighty big step, if you don't know all the facts firsthand...

I just saw the pictures. Someone was nice enough to email them to me. THAT PLANE WAS TOTALLED!

Are you an A&P?

John, I've read both threads. Since those involved don't want to share what happened AND the pictures, all we can do is speculate. When the pictures disappear and the mods are threatened with copyright enfringment, all people can do is speculate. It looks like they are hiding something.

If it really was a taxiing accident, what would be the big deal about posting the pictures?

J
Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

I am the one who took the pictures and removed them. They were never for public view, I aplogize for letting them get out in the first place.

The pilot has an appointment to meet with the FAA. The FAA and the pilot will work out any remaining issues in regards to this topic.

Until that meeting has been held, nothing should be said in public about it. The FAA has already picked up on some false rumors from DZ.com. Lets not give them anymore.

Please no one else say anything about this unless you have first hand info. So far I am the only one who has posted who was there. The only comment I can say is (from my last post):

To clear up rumors.... I was there when it happened, no Injuries. DZO and Pilot are talking with the correct people (FAA/NTSB) to clear up any questions.

Please PM if you have questions or rumors. But lets keep them out of the public.

I am sure the FAA/NTSB will post the results when they are ready.

Nothing is being hidden here. Two things are happening. 1) No one from this Dropzone visits DZ.com much. I only came here after someone told me about this post. 2) The FAA will be talking to the pilot, and the FAA needs to hear everything first hand before it is discussed here. That is the only reason I am not posting all the details.

Trust me I know how much everyone wants to know about the details of a plane inceident. Everyone wants to know, is there something unsafe that I should know about, or is there something I can learn here that will make my skydiving safer? I would want to know too.

I'll do my best to let everyone know what details I can once the FAA/NTSB is done. Until then, please enjoy the blue skies and stay safe.

Nothing is being hidden here. Two things are happening. 1) No one from this Dropzone visits DZ.com much. I only came here after someone told me about this post

I get that not everyone comes to DZ.com. Thats a fair reason why we didn't see a post about this right away.

What's odd to me is that a poster who claimed to know the DZO well, was told by her over the phone a story that appears to be far less serious than the one the FAA is putting together at this time.

It just doesn't look good.

i understand how that might look. i talked to the dzo about that very subject. she told me that she does not know where steve got that impression from. we also have no reason to believe that steve is saying anything untrue either. it just appears that something was lost in the communication. steve said that he believed that was the statment he heard. no one from the dz is saying that it was a 'taxi accident '

i am just caught in the middle after the dz, pilot, and faa talk, i will feel more free to post factual details that will answer a lot of questions. i just feel it isnt right to talk about it untill the faa is done.

hope you understand