diverdriver

C-182 crash, Texas about July 10th

Texas is a pretty big state...

no more details?

That's what I'm trying to find out. The details. Some people know. Just wondering when something official will come out since it sounds like an Accident according to NTSB 830. Felt that posting this in Incidents right away wasn't appropriate yet but I'm looking for anyone who knows more. Anyone can PM and I will keep it in confidence.

Just wondering if this was reported to the FAA/NTSB since I haven't seen any report come across yet.
Chris Schindler
www.diverdriver.com
ATP/D-19012
FB #4125

I am a TX jumper, and this is the first i have heard of it. There are a couple very small and remote DZ's operating here though so it is possible that we wouldn't hear about it either.

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.

I heard it was the DZ in Lexington...did not hear anything about injuries...... and I do not think this is the 1st time they have had plane "issues", but not positive.

Lexington. What is the DZ name there and does anyone know the tail number of the aircraft they use? Do they have a website with photos of the plane(s)?
Chris Schindler
www.diverdriver.com
ATP/D-19012
FB #4125

Texas Skydiving Center

Small DZ and second plane crash within the last 1.5 yrs if not in the last year

I have never been there so I don't know the tail number
What I heard was loss of oil pressure on take off -- landed and some how it flipped over- I assume the end of the runway and I heard it happened on the 12th

this is all hear say

The pimp hand is powdered up ... say something stupid

I believe you are refering to the DZ that had this ferry flight accident last year:

http://www.ntsb.gov/ntsb/brief.asp?ev_id=20060627X00822&key=1

Hmmm... funny there is no report with the FAA or NTSB. So it hit and nosed over? I can't see that happening without causing substantial damage. Hope the DZ reported it because if the FAA / NTSB finds out long after the fact there is hell to pay.
Chris Schindler
www.diverdriver.com
ATP/D-19012
FB #4125

I believe you are refering to the DZ that had this ferry flight accident last year:

http://www.ntsb.gov/ntsb/brief.asp?ev_id=20060627X00822&key=1

No, that accident is from Coupland, Tx, which is a different dropzone than Texas Skydiving Center in Lexington.

Oh, well it was on a ferry flight from Lexington to Coupland and arrived after dark. With no landing light. And crashed. Thought it might be the one. The timing was right. So should I look for another report?
Chris Schindler
www.diverdriver.com
ATP/D-19012
FB #4125

Oh, well it was on a ferry flight from Lexington to Coupland and arrived after dark. With no landing light. And crashed. Thought it might be the one. The timing was right. So should I look for another report?

That was Lexington. They were ferrying their 182 to their A&P's private grass strip for work. After a full day of jumping, after sunset, to an unlit strip, that the pilot had never been to before...with no landing light.

I can't remember the tail number of the current 182 they have, but its been in TX for a while and was called Cyclops. The spinner had a great airbrushed eyeball on it. We had it for a while back in 2002/2003, then Waller had it and then it went to Lexington. I think it came from the northeast before we got it, so I bet someone will have a picture with the tail number on it. I've been trying to find it for you, but haven't been able to find an old picture yet.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I think that airplane came from Skydive Monroe years ago. I'm not sure if it went up north after that.

Looking at the picture JohnRich posted, I don't remember Monroe's C-182 having that eyeball painted cone... and I have jumped from their C-182s in the past.

I guess someone could have painted it afterwards.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I think that airplane came from Skydive Monroe years ago. I'm not sure if it went up north after that.

Looking at the picture JohnRich posted, I don't remember Monroe's C-182 having that eyeball painted cone... and I have jumped from their C-182s in the past.

Yep... that came from Monroe. They had 2 182s... Cyclops and the mean green machine. Sold Cyclops a few years ago.

"When I die, I want to go like my grandmother, who died peacefully in her sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in her car."

Yep... that came from Monroe. They had 2 182s... Cyclops and the mean green machine. Sold Cyclops a few years ago.

I remember jumping the mean green machine, not cyclops... Damn... those standard C182s are tight... :D most of my C182 jumps have been out of the widebody versions.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I guess Lexington is a tight lipped DZ... nobody is talking

In here, with the way speculation runs rampant, people jump to conclusions, and victims are trashed, I'm not surprised, and don't blame them a bit. The atmosphere is not conducive to frank openness.

But of course it seems that their silence extends to reporting it to the NTSB/FAA because at least so far, no report of the crash is on the NTSB website.

Are minor incidents required to be reported? If so, what is the time limit? Can't minor incidents be reported on the NASA ASRS as an alternative?