chris-b

Here or abroad?

I found that most places here in the uk charge about £1700 for an aff course and 10 consilidation jumps. but the freefall university in spain offer the same package with flights and accomodation included for around £1350. it sounds a bit too good to be true? If i went i would be going on my own.
I really like travelling too.
Have any of you guys opted to do the course abroad? if so how did you find it?

Come to Australia and do your 9 Stage AFF course for 780 pounds and then consol jumps for about 35 pounds each (inc gear hire/packing etc)

it almost pays for the ticket and a great time over here B|

I like my canopy...

...it lets me down.

Thats the thing.. If you're going on holiday anyway then it's okay...
But if you add flight, lodging, drinking, restaurants, rental cars etc.. You'll end up paying at least the same if not more than at home.
A big plus of doing your training at home is that you get to know the people at your DZ very well because you'll be staying there for a week (at least) and good frienships will evolve from that. You'll know who to turn to for whatever question you have etc...

I was thinking about the same thing, and don't regret doing my training at home (also it was cheaper)

Have fun!

You could fly to ga last i looked a round trip was about 340 pounds. hans will get you your A license for i believe $1700. Call and ask him. Or PM Andy Copeland. After you graduate he is also very cheap on rental gear. Great place and awesome vibe.
http://www.skydivethefarm.com

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?

To actually answer your question and not try to pull you some where else.
I know of a few people who have gone to Empuria to do their AFF course because it was so cheap compared to UK.
They were trained by BPA instructors and got a BPA license too, plus the weather is considerably more pleasant generally the in the UK.
I say go for it.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

i would tend to agree with Squeak. Look outside the window at what the weather has been like in this country......In Empuria if the weather is good and you are competent you can do your AFF in 3 days easy and get all your consols done in another 2-3 days too.
That's where i did mine and couldn't have had a better time. As far as meeting people is concerned, you will always make friends at dz's wherever you go and meet people of a similar standard etc.

I'm not just advocating Empuria in particular (although i am :D) so have a look around at others but a lot of english people go out to do theirs.
You could still be doing your AFF in this country 4 weeks later......