johan420

skydiving with BASErigg

Cause it's fun?

Probably the same reason people will do other higher risks things in skydiving instead of only doing static line solos with 290 mantas in constant 5mph winds.

I've done a couple wingsuit jumps with my base rig from a flying vehicle (at the time not an "aircraft" therefore TSO didn't mean anything) and it was some of the most fun I've ever had. The crowd loved it too and went away with a positive view of parachuting.
A waddling elephant seal is the cutest thing in the entire world.
-TJ

Doesn't the TSO'd requirments get a bit iffy if the rig is from a Nation other than the USA, as long as it's Safe for the country of origin?
I'm not talking about the dual parachute system JUST the oft mentioned TSO requirement

Right. You can jump a certain BASE container with a front mount reserve (and therefore still pull at 300ft at terminal fairly safely - has worked for me nearly 90 times in base) as long as you're a citizen of Germany and visiting in the US. You'll be in full compliance with German TSO's and therefore you're legal as far as the FAA is concerned.
-TJ

well, it is stupid to jump out of an airplane with ONE parachute. That is why we developed rules and decided (long before you were born) that jumping with two parachutes is a good idea.

Here we go again. It's like the last thread from the WFFC last year.... With the guy and the BASE rig and the balloon...

I hear he got the whole thing cancelled for this year....

Whuffos would think it's stupid to jump with 2 parachutes, why not 3?

Shoot, they even make an airplane with a parachute, maybe it's safer.... we should have that on airliners right?

You jump down this guys throat, and he's only here to ask a question.

Do you really think that's the right post and response.... sheesh.... He's not from the US, where we have hashed this issue out to the death, right?

_justin

oh and by the way, I concede to your skydiving experiece, and respect you for it, but not for responses like this....

Is being condescending on a message board really helping the sport either? Ask yourself if this approach works with a Airport Manager, an inspector, or even an air traffic controller....

I can tell you right now, it doesn't work for the latter.

yepp...i don`t wanna go out with names but since you did it, this guys is what im referring to when i mentioned sponsored guys. But they didn`t do this jumps in the states...i have no idea how they managed to do that in a legal way..maybe Jean Loic is that good that he can jump from what he wants..:ph34r:, the same thing was done in Frankfurt(germany) earlier this year..

it is a pity you dont get my point[:/]

I've read this whole thread and I don't get your point either. It seems like you have already done something or planned on doing something and are all pissed off that all the experienced people are telling you it would be stupid and very illegal in the US.

Are you looking to try this stunt in the US? Are you looking to get a pilot in a lot of trouble? If you want to base jump, go jump a base rig from a fixed object or whatever they will let you get away with over in Europe. If you want to skydive, then go skydive with a TSO'd rig with 2 parachutes in it.

Now, what is your point?

j
Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

then i guess you and this AIRTWARDO and the "famous"TKHAYES never ever done anything wrong in your skydivingcarrier??not even get a scratches........step down from your tall horses you old farts.........im so feed up by guys like you, people like you guys are killing my joy for skydiving..why not start golfing will ya??????>:(

If you want to practice flying your base canopy, put it in a TSOd sport container with a TSOd reserve. That's legal to jump anywhere. Your main canopy does not need to be TSOd.

Would there be a market for base rigs that had D rings for front mount reserves and were TSOd for aircraft use?

hi..i may not make myself clear enough here, im not interesting to practice canopy flying...i just want to jump my only rig i have....for me BASE jumping is the ultimate freedom, i have my best moment in my life when i do BASE..and all i like to do is to transpond some of that feeling into skydiving...simple as that, im from europe, and i have heard some rumor that i can skydive with my rig in a LEGAL way..nothing more dramatical than that..no "stunts" or whatever you guys wanna call it, i try searching this forum for information for this detail...but it seems to me that is a waist of time[:/] thats it.....i thought i asking a very very simple question, but i got that wrong............

I just asked if the reason was to practice on a canopy. Because that way my reason.
Yours is different and I respect that.
You aren't trying to jeopardize a pilots career in the US.
I don't see this as higher risk than BASE jumping in general. I don't know why you were attacked for asking a simple question.
Good luck finding the jump you want to make.
"I'm not sure how it's going to turn out, except I'll die in the end, she said. So what could really go wrong? -----Brian Andreas

Try asking some Eastern Bloc DZs. I've seen video of it being done there and no one seemed to be too concerned. If anything they might be able to point you in the right direction.

You also might have better luck asking on basejumper.com since those people would be more likely to know and not jump down your throat so quickly based on incorrect assumptions.

The level of North American ego-centricism in this thread is appalling.
-TJ

then i guess you and this AIRTWARDO and the "famous"TKHAYES never ever done anything wrong in your skydivingcarrier??not even get a scratches........step down from your tall horses you old farts.........im so feed up by guys like you, people like you guys are killing my joy for skydiving..why not start golfing will ya??????>:(

:D:D:D Gee Skippy, what did I say to piss you off? :ph34r:

I didn't say ONE thing to discourage you, nor would I...

...I kinda consider it natures way of thinning the herd. ;)

And for the record, I dunno about GrabGrass or TK, but no I've never been scratched or broken while Skydiving. :)

The best thing about being an 'old fart' on a 'tall horse' is ya can see OVER all the DIGTs standing in pasture patties. :ph34r:

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~