johan420

skydiving with BASErigg

i have thinking about this for a long time but haven`t dare asking about it...this may sound stupid for some people but im asking anyway..
is there some dropzone who allow me to jump with a BASErig(no-reservechute)??if so do i need some kind of demo-license or something?

no DZ in the US..

you can jump a BASE Canopy in a Skydiving container (with Reserve) but i dont believe any BASE rig has ever been TSO and the lack of reserve would be a problem with the FAA..

"one more parachute than you intend to use" or something to that effect..

now maybe a BASE rig with a 'tertiary reserve' (used for intentional cutaways) but I think the TSO bit would still be a problem in the US..

In the United States? No. Accourding to the FAR's all persons intending on exiting an aircraft must do so on TSO certified equipment. In the case of an intentional exit they must do so with 2 parachutes, one of which must be a reserve that is also TSO certified and packed with in the last 120 days. The main my be of any construction but also must have been packed with in the last 120 days. In the case of an emergency bail out rig, it too must be a TSO'd harness and reserve packed in the last 120 days. Hint: there are no TSO'd harnesses made by BASE compaines and the only TSO'd canopies are the old Raven series.

There have been a few pilots and dropzones busted by the FAA with fines handed down to the DZ, the pilot and the jumper for jumping from a plane with a BASE rig on.

Other countries regulations are different so you need to check with them.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

yeah..i know i can use a BASEcanopy in a skydiverig(not my dz),im from europe. but i know some sponsored jumpers have been dropped off by helicopters and airplanes with normal BASErigs..fex wingsuitflyers..by the way i have no interest to do any illegal jumps

Why don't you just forget it and save us (the industry as a whole) the pain in the ass that you will eventually create for us while trying to fulfill your obviously frail ego.

Stop doing stupid things. It's bad for you, it's bad for skydiving. And even if you accomplish the jump, you have accomplished nothing really.

TK

Stop doing stupid things. It's bad for you, it's bad for skydiving. And even if you accomplish the jump, you have accomplished nothing really.

"stop doing stupid things?" do you know me? what about you? jumping canopy over 2 in wingload...i wouldn`t say that is safe.. do you? i doesn`t want to be rude here but..but saying something like that is throwing a stone in a glasshouse..
i just asking a simple question, if you don`t like my question..don`t reply! you are not the judge here!!!

"stop doing stupid things?" do you know me? what about you? jumping canopy over 2 in wingload...i wouldn`t say that is safe.. do you? i doesn`t want to be rude here but..but saying something like that is throwing a stone in a glasshouse..

A DZO of a fairly large DZ with nearly 7000 jumps and nearly 30 years in sport vs 400 jumps/6 years, and you're busting his chops?
If you bang yourself up (or worse) jumping BASE from an aircraft, the sport gets more black added to the eye because you're violating the law, not BSRs.

A DZO of a fairly large DZ with nearly 7000 jumps and nearly 30 years in sport vs 400 jumps/6 years, and you're busting his chops?
If you bang yourself up (or worse) jumping BASE from an aircraft, the sport gets more black added to the eye because you're violating the law, not BSRs.

because he`s a DZ owner, would that make him a better/safer jumper?????and a jump from a plane with BASEgear is NOT a BASE jump.. :|

and as i say before, im not interest by doing any ilegal here...i only asking a question..

That's a pretty narrow minded view.

You'll notice that the guy is in Europe not the US, and that there are places/ ways in Europe to legally jump BASE gear out of aircraft.

It seems to me that this is what Johan is asking about, so why does he deserve to get jumped on for it?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

i have thinking about this for a long time but haven`t dare asking about it...this may sound stupid for some people but im asking anyway..
is there some dropzone who allow me to jump with a BASErig(no-reservechute)??if so do i need some kind of demo-license or something?

FAA requires dual parachute systems that are TSOed. BASE rigs container 1 canopy (excluding the Vertigo Sorcerer), and they are not TSOed by the FAA. balloons that are tethered to the ground, thats another story:D
Step into my (sub)terminal Playground

because he`s a DZ owner, would that make him a better/safer jumper?????and a jump from a plane with BASEgear is NOT a BASE jump..

Safer? Maybe not.... but willing to admit when I am stupid? Definitely.

Sorry I should have preceded my original post with
"If you are in the USA...." Other countries may not care about jumping with Base Rigs out of airplanes.

You asked a question. I answered it.

TK

No you don`t answering my question!!!..you rather making a statement that i am stupid for thinking about jumping out a plane (in a legal way)with BASE gear..:|...if i like to doing that kind of jump (still in a legal way) it`s up to ME to judge if it safe or not,NOT you...

well, it is stupid to jump out of an airplane with ONE parachute. That is why we developed rules and decided (long before you were born) that jumping with two parachutes is a good idea.

Over the years we also developed AAD's and RSLs because they were also a good idea. And we came up with better training, better aircraft operations and safer skydiving than ever - which was also a good idea.

People many years before you have already made most of the common-sense mistakes and we learned from them.

but that's OK, you go do whatever you like.

Don't worry about us guys trying to make a living by keeping skydiving in the mainstream.

Don't worry about all the recreational skydivers who someday may not be able to jump because they cannot find a place to jump because skydivers keep doing stupid things.

More and more regulations will come into play over the years due to people continuously doing stupid things and getting themselves killed.

Fewer airports and cities will want us around.

And we will not be able to justify our own existence because we have a history of 'reckless' behaviour.

So yes, it is generally considered to be 'stupid', certainly reckless, to jump out of an airplane with ONE parachute.

but you just go ahead. Don't mind me - I never learned ANYTHING in 26 years, 6800 jumps, Canadian and US ratings in almost all disciplines, several World Records and National Medals - I obviously have no idea what i am talking about.

TK

It seems to me that this is what Johan is asking about, so why does he deserve to get jumped on for it?

not jumping on him for his request, but jumping on him for the disrespect shown to an experienced jumper/DZO/Instructor. If there is a location where it's acceptable to legally jump a BASE rig from an airplane, sounds like an exciting jump.
yes I noted he's not from the US, but my understanding was that no where is it legal to exit an aircraft (excepting emergencies) with only one canopy. I learned something new today.:)

Doesn't the TSO'd requirments get a bit iffy if the rig is from a Nation other than the USA, as long as it's Safe for the country of origin?
I'm not talking about the dual parachute system JUST the oft mentioned TSO requirement
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Mike I cant respond in PM 'cause you have all Pms blocked :ph34r:
I'm not refering to the dual parachute requirement, I'm questioning the ascertion that ALL rigs must meet TSO requirements.
I thought i read somewhere that non TSO'd rigs can be jumped so long as they conform to the jumpers national bodys' requirements. That's how some people get around the 120 day repack cylce requirements

You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I asked this same question and found out that it is illegal here in the US. No reserve. No TSO. No jump.

My question to you is, why?

Myself, I wanted practice on my BASE canopy before making my first BASE jump. I plan to put it in a skydiving rig. I get the practice I want. Everything is legal.
Why not do that?
Or is your reason different?
"I'm not sure how it's going to turn out, except I'll die in the end, she said. So what could really go wrong? -----Brian Andreas