diablopilot

There is a cost for everything.

People forgot about the good ole' barter system.

barter doenst buy jump tickets or pay rent.

if you want to give your time, labor and knowledge away for free that is entirely up to you.

I'd rather someone get annoyed and learn to do 'simple tasks' themselves than come annoy me every time they need something 'trivial' repaired 'for free'.

Should the DZ give away jumps? I hear all kinds of arguments on here defending the DZO's right to 'run their business they way they want' why shouldnt that apply to the other commercial aspects?

tbh i despise the 'business first' approach, but that culture is up to the DZO not the jumpers.

All these 1 minute fixes for outrageous amounts of money is bull,

Please.

Anyone who has done one knows that a jumper's "one minute fix" can easily end up taking 20 minutes with a stitch ripper and your $900 sewing machine.

Now I don't mind helping out when I can, but when a jumper comes up and demands it be done now, and then bitches about a $20 charge......
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

I agree I don't like the whole business first thing either it usually just depends how far they take as to wether I will jump there or not. What I don't liek though and we may just be looking at it differently is that charging huge amounts for small amount of work is well. I wouldn't pay you but once for that and would walk away before if I could. Basically the service you are providing is not keeping up with what the customer gets. You can charge whatever you want, but don't be surprised when someone laughs about how much you want. That is what I did and went elsewhere foe the time being and then got my own ticket. I do not like to be dependent on others becasue money always seems to get in the way. I also do not do this for any major income and never will.
don't try your bullshit with me!!!