markovwgti

So im taking a trip in december

>which dropzone do you think is the best of those 3

"Best?" Hard to say!

Otay is the prettiest, and has the most consistent winds. It's mostly freeflying down there; generally you have to 'bring your own people' when you want to do RW. Has an otter, but still pretty small overall.

Perris is the biggest and has the most stuff. A restaurant/bar, a Skyvan, a DC-9, a gear store with lots of demos etc. They have dedicated organizers during the weekends to get people in the air.

Elsinore is smaller than Perris and has a more 'homey' feel. It's next to a lake and a few mountains, which is cool under canopy.

Skydive Space Center in Titusville, FL flies to 15K regularly and you can pay extra to go to 18K. I hear that they require a C license to jump there and are not very friendly toward fun jumpers anymore so be sure to call them first.

Space Center, DeLand, Sebastian, ZHills and Lake Wales are all within about 2.5 hours of each other so there are a lot of choices in central Florida.
Wind Tunnel and Skydiving Coach http://www.ariperelman.com

Skydive Space Center in Titusville, FL flies to 15K regularly and you can pay extra to go to 18K. I hear that they require a C license to jump there and are not very friendly toward fun jumpers anymore so be sure to call them first.

Space Center, DeLand, Sebastian, ZHills and Lake Wales are all within about 2.5 hours of each other so there are a lot of choices in central Florida.

well that was my plan i made a phone call to spaceland and they said they will go to 18k feet if we have atleast 2 fun jumpers on the plane...they didnt tell me anything about a c license...why the hell would i need a c license to get up there anyway? thats funny

And you can find 12 year old prostitutes in Miami.

I know, 12 years old is a bit old for a dog but there are some very sexy Retrivers that age and you just cannot buy that type of experience anywhere...

Check out this beautiful bitch I picked up at the beach, she was 12...
Mykel AFF-I10
Skydiving Priorities: 1) Open Canopy. 2) Land Safely. 3) Don’t hurt anyone. 4) Repeat…

well that was my plan i made a phone call to spaceland ...

Uh....just for the record...Space Center and Spaceland are two different DZs in two different states. It might be tough getting out at one place expecting to land at the other.
:D:D
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Uh....just for the record...Space Center and Spaceland are two different DZs in two different states. It might be tough getting out at one place expecting to land at the other.
:D:D

It would be easy to make it across the Gulf of Mexico from 18k if the winds are right!

To clarify further:
Spaceland is in Texas - and a nicer DZ find you will not...
Mykel AFF-I10
Skydiving Priorities: 1) Open Canopy. 2) Land Safely. 3) Don’t hurt anyone. 4) Repeat…

As other people said, Spaceland is a dropzone in Texas, Space Center is in Florida.

I just called Space Center (Florida) and was told that experienced jumpers need a C license or 125 jumps because there are very few outs. I was specifically told "we don't want skydivers from out of town with 50 jumps visiting and getting hurt because they had to land out."

If your profile is accurate, it looks like you will not be able to jump at Space Center.

And you can find 12 year old prostitutes in Miami.

I know, 12 years old is a bit old for a dog but there are some very sexy Retrivers that age and you just cannot buy that type of experience anywhere...

Check out this beautiful bitch I picked up at the beach, she was 12...

Huh? I do not understand how your reply has anything to do with what I wrote. Am I missing something?

they said they will go to 18k feet if we have atleast 2 fun jumpers on the plane...they didnt tell me anything about a c license...why the hell would i need a c license to get up there anyway?

You don't need a C License to get up there, for that you need an airplane. Being allowed to jump from certain altitudes has regulations that you can find in your 2007 SIM...
Different DZ's may have their own requirements that may be more rigerous...

USPA 2007 SIM
SECTION 6-7
HIGH ALTITUDE AND OXYGEN USE

D. EXPERIENCE RECOMMENDED
1. For intermediate-altitude jumps (15,000-20,000
feet MSL), participants should hold at least a
USPA B license and have made 100 jumps.
2. For high-altitude jumps (20,000-40,000 feet MSL),
participants should:
a. hold a USPA C license
b. have made at least one jump from 15,000 feet
MSL or below using the same functioning bailout
oxygen system

Bark Bark Bark
Mykel AFF-I10

I made one jump there this January, right after new years.

There was no mention of a C license requirement, but then again we only made one jump due to weather.

The DZ was very good to us, they even bumped a load of tandems for us to do a fun load right before the ceiling came down.
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P